Saturday, October 24, 2020

All Dry Now, Candy, Football

 Today, it was very rainy all day. Stupidly, we went to Cullman. Somehow, I thought the end of the rain was through here, but it had just started.  We could barely see the cars ahead of us that had their lights on. One guy never did turn on the lights on his black car, so I thought we were going to run into him. We drove with the emergency blinker on all the way, as did others. 

The trip ws sort of a bust in some ways.  We went to the food bank where I get to choose. They had my bag ready when we drove up. I gave my friend coupons and clothes. Friend said they could not store more in clothes closet a few months ago, so I asked if she could give the clothing to people who were standing there. 

She told me one of Tommy's shirts was claimed the minute she carried it in. Good deal. I would rather it go to them than to donate it elsewhere. Of course, if I had things that would bring money, I would sell them...lol. 

I forgot the bank is now closed on Saturday--Bummer! I had a boxful of mail, so good I got that from PO. 

At Publix, I found what I had been searching for--pizza crust mix. They had Martha White for $1. Remember, Great Value was $0.52.  Since I really hate Great Value food, I had rather pay for Martha White Pizza Crust Mix. 

We want candy! We will have candy! We saw a mixed bag with Snickers, Twix, Milky Way, Three Musketeers, but it was on TV. The woman finally found it for me. So, we have 153 pieces of chocolate. I doubt we will have kids come on Halloween. The little girl down the street will get a small bag of candy and three little bottles of bubbles. 

Other than that, we will try to stay away from an excess of candy. We ate two of the little squares when we got them. Later, one piece fell out of the bag, I think. At any rate, one was not in the bag, so I ate it. Right now, it is all tied up in the Publix bag so hard that the bag will needed to be cut away or ripped open. I am up to the job of ripping plastic, but this will slow me down. 

When we came home, I sat and watched the Auburn game with Tommy. Well, I was in the same room. Football is soooo complicated! 

Finally, about 3:30, I went off for  nap. He was to wake me at 5:30. When I heard him, I got up. But, it was almost 7:30. He said he called me and I told him to leave me alone. I remember nothing. 

So, nothing much happened Saturday. I am very slowly getting the storage shelves up and running and food on the unit. 

Have you bought your Halloween candy yet? Do you understand the fine points of football, really understand? Really? 

14 comments:

  1. I often do buy a box of mini chocolate bars at Hallowe'en especially when they go on sale. Then I have something for my chocolate cravings for some months to come. I make sure to only buy one or two smaller boxes because otherwise I get far too much sugar. It's funny that you talked to Tommy in your sleep and told him to leave you alone. You were probably too tired because you have been very busy. I don't understand football and I don't think I want to, ha ha.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Joyful,
      The mini bars are just right for a chocolate fix. Oh,yes! Tired. If I say--okay, that means I am going to get up. Sometimes, he has to come remind me again. If I say "9:30" that means come back at that time. If I say--leave me alone, it means what time I told him if off and I will get up when I can. He gets me. I dn't think there is time left in my life to learn it all, even if I wanted to learn.

      Delete
  2. Yes I have had the Halloween candy for several weeks. And yes, I understand the fine points of football. Really

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Anne,
      Somehow, I kept thinking I had plenty of time. I sort of figured you might. Really, I did. lol

      Delete
    2. I have only sons who played and a sports enthusiast husband. It was Learn or be left out . We watch games as a family. I also know baseball and wrestling but don’t know basketball at all except that if it goes through the hoop you score.

      Delete
    3. Anne,
      My son who is a teacher also is hired as a coach. He does not want to be known by "Coach" only by Mr. He coaches all sports, loves football, but prefers to coach baseball. It seems that in Texas, coaches can coach at any school even if they do not teach there. My husband knew none of the rules of any sport, so I never learned or really cared. I watched my son play lots of basketball.

      Delete
  3. I actually think I'd make a decent football coach. No Halloween candy yet as we have bad will power.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. SAM,
      That is interesting that you could coach. I finally figured I would miss getting what I wanted if I waited. So far today, I have only eaten three tiny pieces. We have bad will power, but I am going to try really hard to stay out of it.

      Delete
  4. I am putting together my ghost bags of treats for the beggars - the neighborhood seem bedecked as if all are expecting a lot of kids. Let us hope so.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Here in the UK I'm not too sure what Halloween will be like this year. I hope those that want to enjoy Halloween and the sweets/candies/spooky looking foods etc can still do so; but with Covid and restrictions still in place I think it's going to be a little different.

    All the best Jan

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Jan,
      Here, I, too, wonder what the rules are. I think it might be very diverse.

      Delete
  6. The high for us on Saturday was only 54. We had plans to golf with neighbors, so I wore two pairs of pants (fleece lined leggings, then a thick straight legged jogging pant), two long sleeve shirts and had two jackets. It was lovely weather while we golfed, and just as we were loading the trucks it started to drizzle rain. Perfect timing.

    We bought a large bag of candy at Walmart that evening. It sounds very similar to yours. We will eat none of it, as we've been sugar free for two and a half years.

    I do not care for football and have no desire to learn about it. I 'watch' it like you do, it's on while I'm in the room. I'm usually reading a book.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Alice,
      That sounds like a ice outing on Saturday and perfect timing.

      If I were sugar-free, I would weigh much less. I don't each much.

      Long ago, after the divorce, I went to parties specifically for watching games and read the whole time. I would look up for replays.

      Delete

Halloween Decorations

 Saturday night, we started decorating for Halloween. I found the ghosts to hang from the dogwood tree. They were wadded and wrinkled, so th...