Thursday, October 8, 2020

Wasted Food, This and That, Amazon

 I was putting the three new Miracle Whips into deep storage...lol. Ooops! I already had three. This would be no problem except for the fact I cannot eat them before they go wonky. I am sure they won't kill me, but they are not tasty. I will give one away one of these days. I am still in the process of seeing how long it takes me to finish off one 30 ounce jar. 

Slowly but surely, everything will be put where it goes. 

The applications to receive a absentee ballot are ready to mail today.  This will be a first for both of us. Do you cast an absentee/mail-in ballot? 

Since both of my good printed outfits are rather skimpy around the shoulders, I have started the alteration process. I took the little belt from the black and white outfit off the pants. This is just a self-fabric tie belt in loops. When I get it taken apart, I will cut it in four pieces and use two on each shoulder. I think it will not be so bare and more to my liking. The resulting addition of a sleeve will be nothing more than a ruffle that at least extends over my shoulder. not off it. I have seem quite a few "sleeves" that are nothing more than a short ruffle sort of sticking out, not really hanging down on the shoulder. 

Wednesday night, I was trying to order something on Amazon. It was taking so long that I did not get dinner cooked before the debate. I forgot to put carrots and potatoes and celery and onions in with the chicken. I rushed and cut up potatoes for potato salad. When I tried to drain the potatoes, I dropped all the potatoes in the sink. I was so mad and discouraged. I stomped back into the living room on the verge of tears. I was sooo hungry. 

Amazon--I am finally ordering the dry iron I need. A gift card sent by a follower helped. I hate a steam iron, especially for pressing things I sew. Tommy is buying a pair of clippers for me to cut his hair. It has colored attachments for each length of hair it cuts.  It seems you cannot accidentally cut hair too short. I hope it is all I think. Have you used one like this?

Thursday, another food sorting session was only 30 minutes by plan. I cannot keep bending and picking things up and hurting my back and spending 3 days in pain. We quit even though we were on a roll. Tommy assured me I got a lot done. He took a box down the hall for me to transfer into bedroom storage. It feels good to have a plan for 30 minutes each day. This will occur at 2 pm every day. 

Today, the doorbell rang. It has never rung before. It looks broken, but still works. I received something I did not mean to order! I had put and Epson flatbed scanner in some list on Amazon. When I made a purchase, it was not there. When I checked a few days later, it was in my order! So, I owe Tommy. 

This scanner will transfer slide, negatives and film, besides photos. I don't know organized it will make me, but I won't lose more pictures like I did when my house went to the dump. I will store a cd with the pictures on it in a safe place. I have boxes of slides! 

These scanners were out of stock in June. I suppose people were spending their free time scanning photos. Have you spent time scanning and storing photos or organizing?

I am going to take a nap. I slept well last night and am getting over the infection. Temperature is normal, at least. 

16 comments:

  1. For the first time ever I requested, received and mailed in a ballot. The actual election date here is October 24th. This is for a provincial election, kind of like your state elections. It is a snap election, called suddenly and over with quickly. As for scanning photos, yes, I have done a lot of it but my computer is getting so old that often if something goes awry with the fax/scanner/copier, it cannot easily be remedied. I'm glad you are over your infection. I'm feeling phlemy in the throat and ear is a bit infected. This all happens and will go on for months due to the damp, rainy weather we have in Fall and Winter. I could move but then I'd have to contend with snow. I'll take the rain.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Joyful,
      So, this is a first for both of us. I never choose rain or snow. Here we get 60 in/year rainfall. The dampness really hurts my ears. This copier will scan so many things. I have been wanting it for two years. Thankfully, in a few weeks I can repay him.

      Delete
    2. I googled rainfall in Alabama and I see you are having a record rainfall in 2020. Your record rainfall is what we get on average every year. So now you have a pretty good idea of how wet it is and how it isn't good for some of us health wise. I hope the rain won't be quite so bad for you or I this year.

      Delete
    3. p.s. I'm glad you found my blog :-)

      Delete
    4. Joyful,
      Usually, I look to see if a commenter has a blog!

      Delete
  2. normal temperatures! I await some here.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Urspo,
      I meant my body temp was normal. Our outdoor temps are normal, too, in the 80s.

      Delete
  3. I think a comment I wasn’t finished with went off into space, so let me try again.

    Not meaning to criticize, just want to make an observation. At times you seem to buy things on impulse based on finding items on low sales price and thinking you’re saving money. But who needs six jars of Miracle Whip if they’re going to “go wonky”? Nobody, that’s who. You have put up additional shelves to hold the extra food and still you have to carry boxes full to store in other rooms. However, I do commend you for giving food away to others who have less or none.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. rhymes,
      It IS a criticism based on what you choose to "understand". I did NOT mean to have bought so much MW. I love it can eat a lot! The shelves and another room will help me know what I have going forward. The shelves in the kitchen will not have much on them so I can cook and eat from them without having stuff rolling and falling around.

      Delete
  4. We are doing early voting for the first time. Probably next week as we were told there were lines this week. Maybe most will have already done it.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Chef,
      I don't think we will have early voting here. Good for you.

      Delete
  5. We have usually done early voting at one of the public libraries in Cherokee County to avoid long lines at our precinct on Election Day. This year, though, we decided to request absentee ballots to stay away from everyone as much as possible. In Georgia you can vote absentee in advance even if you’re not going to be out of the area on voting day. We hand-carried our ballots back to the county elections office in the sealed envelopes provided for mailing them back in. Just not trusting the Post Iffice these days. Too much craziness and interference going on.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I just hope we can deliver the ballots to the elections office.

      Delete
  6. We have voted by mail for many years. I love it. Even if I had penciled in my choices in the sample ballot I always felt some pressure to rush when other people are waiting to cast their votes.

    Our ballots arrived early this week. They have been filled out and returned. Here we can register for a "follow my ballot" site. I was notified when it entered the system but have not checked to see the latest updates. They may be in my email

    I need to go through my pantry. I know I have sauce & gravy type envelopes that need to be tossed out. I have been working on updating my spices.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. JANET,
      I never feel rushed because where I vote, there is never a long line--small town.

      Hopefully, I can find a place to follow when I cast my ballot.

      Maybe you can use stuff and not have to toss it. Of course, if it is old, those mixes don't last long. Good luck on the sorting and updating.

      Delete

Halloween Decorations

 Saturday night, we started decorating for Halloween. I found the ghosts to hang from the dogwood tree. They were wadded and wrinkled, so th...