Friday, November 13, 2020

Buy $25 Get $5 Off, Winter Garden In

 Of course, I used this coupon. I took coupons with me and used them, too. All coupons were doubled. I found Campbell's Cream of Mushroom Soup for $.90/can. I had a coupon for $1 off 4 cans. I used two more Ronco coupons and bought more spaghetti and penne pasta. I think I paid about $.45 for 7 oz spaghetti. Endust had a coupon, and I was going to buy it anyway. 

Turkeys were $0.69/lb, but I have no room in the freezers. The turkey I bought on Thursday is now defrosting in the refrigerator. 

Tommy got the rest of the sweet potatoes inside. 

My gardening mentor for the research project came today and we planted and put row cover on the 10 or so plants. I have broccoli, kale, lettuce, cabbages. We fertilized, watered and  used Bt.That exhausted me and then I had to go spend my $5 coupon, so short post. 

6 comments:

  1. Wonderful that you can do a winter garden. That will really help with fresh veggies. I hope you get some good rest.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Joyful,
      I am going to love all the things planted since the mentor brought them. I have been resting better since I brought Rod Stewart home.

      Delete
  2. I found Campbell's Cream of mushroom for 59c a can today, I bought a dozen cans! At the same store I bought large containers of Yuban coffee (Maxwell House's dark west coast brother) for $4.99 I felt that I had a successful shopping trip.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Janet,
      Wow, that is a great price on the Campbell's soup. I have heard of Yuban, but have no idea about quality or prices of coffee since I don't drink it. But, it sounds like a great price. I would say that made for a very successful shopping trip.

      Delete
    2. When I worked for Kraft Maxwell House & Yuban coffee were among the plethora of items I sold. They are made by the same company. Both are good coffees.

      Delete
    3. Janet,
      Thanks. That is good to know. I will tell Tommy.

      Delete

Halloween Decorations

 Saturday night, we started decorating for Halloween. I found the ghosts to hang from the dogwood tree. They were wadded and wrinkled, so th...