Tuesday, November 3, 2020

Cancel the Insurance and See What Happens

 I canceled my dental insurance since it was worthless and the next day, I got a terrific toothache, the kind that is here to stay. That's okay about the insurance, though. 

This insurance was $38/month. Then, I was supposed to let them know if I wanted the $42 insurance with better benefits. I could not find the papers after my house was gone, so I called. The guy told me I could not renew or get better benefits until they had it in writing. He was so rude. He left me with the impression if I did not get in touch with them in writing, they could not cover me. 

Well, I canceled the cleaning at my dentist just before this conversation. So, I assumed I was not covered after talking to him. Since all the covid mess, I did not want to take my mask off. Then, I had to cancel the next one due to coughing so much and sneezing. The dental office was probably glad I canceled. Then, the next one I scheduled, I had a fever.  So, for several months I made a lot of appointments and canceled. 

Finally, two weeks ago, I think, I had my teeth cleaned and learned I was still covered at the $42 rate. I was furious. For 14 months I had paid $42/month and never used it, paying $588 and got nothing! After having my teeth cleaned and paying nothing, I then canceled. 

The next day, I was hurting. But, I am not sorry I canceled the dental insurance. 

We have not used the heat at all except to take the chill off of the air for thirty minutes and turn it back off. Last night, the thermostat read 61F at 2:30 am, so Tommy turned the heat to 63F because his face was freezing. I just pull the cover over my head! 

Today, I had a doctor appointment out of town. When I awoke, I was so happy I was going to be gone and have other things to think about besides the voting today. It helped to keep me from fretting. 

Now, I have to go fix something for dinner! 

How has this election day been for you?

12 comments:

  1. I couldn't sleep well last night, in fact I have been awake since 4am. I didn't turn on the tv until around 4 this afternoon. It takes hours and hours for any actual elections facts to surface & I hate all the projections & conjecture. I have put a show on for John and we will try to ignore the election for a couple of hours.

    At this point we have all done all we are able. We donated, voted and now all we can do is wait. If my candidate is not the winner I will just have to wait it out and hope there is something left at the end of the next 4 years to rebuild our nation from.

    I am cautiously optimistic for good results tonight.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Janet,
      If he wins, he will have screwed up enough for the impeachment to stick this time. Being gone, we were not even thinking about the election. I know what you mean about the conjectures and projections. I hope you get a good might's sleep tonight.

      Delete
  2. I"m debating adding vision to our plan-an added option. We already get free eye exams but this would cover one pair of lens and frames annually. We all generally get an exam annually, but only glasses every other year. I think it would be a wash probaby, and may limit where I can go.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. SAM,
      I debate these things. I lost so much to their lies. From now on, I will put aside the amount of insurance and pay for dental work.

      Delete
  3. PP, check your bank statements each month. You would have then seen the $42 deduction each month.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I was told by a dentist that dental insurance at our age is really useless. take care of your teeth, brush and floss. I have a daughter who has two dental license's and can do all but drill so we are safe from large bills. She sees to it that we get things for cost and our teeth cleaned free.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Kim,
      My insurance pays up to $500 on crowns. That seems good to me. Is it? But, I was fed up with them. You have a great setup with your daughter. I had a friend whose sister was a dental hygienist and kept about a dozen family members free of cavities.

      Delete
    2. In Illinois a crown is a minimum of $1000.00 and usually more.

      Connie

      Delete
    3. Connie,
      It is around $1200 to $1500 here, so $500 is a boon.

      Delete
  5. I voted and just decided to let it be. Time will tell. Dental insurance, no matter who it is with, seems horrible to me.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Michelle,
      That is easier said than done. Dental insurance seems not to be very good anywhere.

      Delete

Halloween Decorations

 Saturday night, we started decorating for Halloween. I found the ghosts to hang from the dogwood tree. They were wadded and wrinkled, so th...