Monday, November 2, 2020

Critters, Decorations, Mask, Etc.

 Okay, the word from Amazon is that my Dawn original formula is on its way. I can hardly believe it after so many stores I visited were out. I also ordered a glove to use when I cut things like the onion when I sliced open my thumb. A nose-hair trimmer is in the order. I got the one with different attachment options, like a way to trim length of the sideburns. 

I asked Tommy if he wondered about me making plans for his birthday celebration. He said he thought I was just wanting to get everything planned early. He was quite amused that I thought it was this next week. He laughed for a long time. 

When I was in Publix and was at the milk coolers, I asked a man if he would mind handing me two half-galllons of milk. He obviously did not hear me, at least all of what I said. I repeated it. He gave me the milk and then explained his wife says he is hard of hearing. Then, he pulled his mask all the way down and leaned toward me. "Since I am hard of hearing it is perfectly legal for me to pull my mask off like this." ??? Does he hear through his mouth? I just said, "Oh, I see." and rolled away as fast as I could. 

Speaking of rolling, you know I use an electric cart, right? Well, one store has the carts set to go really fast. It is always a bit of a thrill and a daredevil experience going there. Usually, the electric carts are sooo slow, slow as molasses in December. Do you ever ride the carts or notice the lack of speed or the excess speed of the carts? 

Tommy carried my clothes to washing machine, then put them in the dryer, and went out for a third time to bring them in. So, they are folded. Well, these are the kitchen items--new dish towels, dirty ones, dishclothes and rag used to clean. Now, I can wash these less often with the new ones added to the rotation. They go into the washing machine every three or four days. I want to stretch that to once a week.

On Tuesday at 6 am ET, Dear Heart, a great movie, is coming on Turner Classic Movies (TCM). I know it is very early in the day, but maybe you can catch it later. Glen Ford stars in it. I love this movie! Oh, the song is one of my favorites, too. Do you know the song or movie? 

More about critters.

I put out mouse bait since I bought the wrong thing and had opened it. I don't know if rats will eat mouse poison. I now have a paper towel in the corner with all the critter snacks--potato, mouse poison, and Ratx. None of the Ratx was eaten last night or the mouse poison, just the potato. 

Last night, as I went into the kitchen, I thought I saw a tiny mouse running by the potato. Later, I saw it again. But, I could be wrong. I wonder if I want to see a mouse, and in the dark I do see a mouse. The one thing I do not see--a single mouse dropping. I will get a glue trap next time I go out since I forgot to get one. 

Sometimes there is a gnat or two around the commode. Tommy said there were two flying in the bowl above the water and he managed to shoot both down without even trying. He said they flew right into the stream to their death, committing suicide. Killer! 

He took down the Halloween decorations from outdoors. All that is left is for me to put it all away. 

Sunday night, I asked Tommy to look for something in the dining room and to put the box of potatoes in there. Ten minutes later, he was still making noise that I could not figure out. So, a few minutes later, I went to see how it was going--you know, the placing of the box of potatoes. 

He was putting food items on the shelves! So, lots more is on shelves and not organized at all now.  It will get done eventually. I still need to carry to the bedroom storage some of the items he put on the shelves. At least they are up where I can see the items and not have to bend! 

I think tomorrow will be so stressful that I may have a heart attack. The doctor who is going to place the stent still has not called back! I am annoyed. 

Okay, It's about 3 pm, and I still have things to do: put away Halloween decorations, put away folded items from dryer, cook chicken and ground beef. THEN, I can start rest of dinner and freeze a few meals for later. Are your Halloween decorations down inside and out?

Are you as stressed about the election as I am? I have promised myself I will not raise my voice at the TV. I never scream or yell, just talk more loudly. Tommy never worries or frets about the election, so I have to worry and fret for two.

(once again, the comments are a mile below. just keep scrolling)























































8 comments:

  1. Replies
    1. slugmama,
      I was wondering what you were replying to and then I remembered the movie. I see that you are familiar with it. Did you like the movie?

      Delete
  2. I'm so worried about the election I did not sleep well and was wide awake at 2 AM so got out of bed. I've been reading blogs, doing some paperwork for my job and drinking coffee which I will undoubtedly need today. I imagine I'll be in bed by 7 PM and wake up during the night to see how things are going.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Nan,
      You are about as worried as I am and anxious. I wish I could predict an early night. Hopefully, you will have a good surprise in the morning.

      Delete
  3. When I was a kid I had a pet wild mouse that I rescued from the cat. Hercules, the mouse, used to love peanut butter (licked from my finger). Maybe your critter could be attracted to a trap by some peanut butter. Hercules also liked a drip of ice cream from my finger, but I don't know how that would work for your trap. Hercules lived two years, and was quite tame and would sit like a very fat little person with his little pink mouse hands on the bars of his cage waiting for any treats anyone would give him.

    I liked Hercules, he stayed in his cage, and was tame enough for me to hold him. But my husband and I had a mouse get into this house once years ago. We saw it run across the floor one night. We set traps for it several nights in a row with every mouse food delicacy I could think of and never did catch it in a trap. Then one evening I was sitting in the recliner and the darn mouse skittered across the floor and right under my chair, with me sitting in it. I actually let out a yell for my husband, and I'm not even afraid of mice. It was that awful skittering movement and the fact that it ran under the chair I was sitting in that got me. My husband came in and he and I tried to catch the mouse by putting a container over it. We almost got it, but it went behind the bookshelf. We had planned on catching it and letting the kids see it, maybe even have it for a pet.My husband moved the book shelf out from the wall, I had the container in my hand ready to put it over the mouse, and plop, the pitiful little dead mouse dropped down onto the floor. It had somehow climbed up the wall between the bookcase and wall and when the bookcase was moved it leaned backward and squashed the mouse. We never told the kids what happened to the mouse.

    Good luck mouse hunting. I hope it's just a mouse,and not a rat.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. susie,
      I like your story very much. Thanks. Those two mice met very differnt fates. I sm not afraid of mice, but the skittering under my chair would cause me to let out a shriek, too.

      Delete
  4. Testing- this is Rhonda-ifyoudostuff

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Rhonda,
      I went to your blog and saw you said you could not post comments. You did!

      Delete

Halloween Decorations

 Saturday night, we started decorating for Halloween. I found the ghosts to hang from the dogwood tree. They were wadded and wrinkled, so th...