Wednesday, November 4, 2020

Six Free Things and a Scholarship

 Okay, it is not as good as it sounds, although still good. At Burger King there is a coupon booklet that costs $1 for six free items--soft serve cup or cone, Value size French fries or hash browns, small frozen drink. There are two of each coupon. This is to benefit the BK Scholars Program where a scholarship from $1000 to $50,000 will be awarded. I thought it was just for BK employees, but it is for any high school student. 

Maybe you know someone who would like to apply for this scholarship. Maybe you want to spend $1 to get 6 items free to you. I bought two coupon booklets. The coupons expire 1-31-21. Between us, we can have 6 treats for a total of 12 treats over the next three months. 

When I went into another Publix, I was given another free bag, so that makes two.

On Tuesday, I had a doctor's appointment in Cullman. It was a good visit because I was not ill, just a checkup. But, I had AIC last week, so nothing was done this week. 

I did take names and telephone numbers to call and question/complain. She has sent for a meter for diabetes, a light box, and physical therapy, referrals to doctors and I have heard nothing. I volunteered to do the calling this time! She was all for that. Maybe something will happen now.

All the Halloween decorations have been dried and put away. So, that is behind us. 

Now, I am considering what to do for Thanksgiving decorations. This has always been minimal, anyway.  I am thinking about hanging turkeys from the tree out front. I always like viewing what people have outdoors. What kind of decorating are you doing for Thanksgiving? 

When I ask Tommy to look for cans in the dark, he has started putting food willy nilly on the shelves. I don't really care what or where he puts stuff. I do plan to be able to eat Thanksgiving dinner at the table! I am facing the holidays where there is usually more conviviality with increasingly low expectations. 

I figure if I can get someone to clean the house, we will be ecstatic and less likely to focus outward. I have someone scheduled for Nov. 16, but I have a feeling this will be a no-show. So, I am scheduling someone else before that and see how this goes. 

Tuesday night, I went to bed sad. Wednesday morning, I awoke hopeful. So, as the vote-counting continues, we will see how it goes. 

Wednesday, I used another two coupons for Ronco pasta. So, that was $0.75 off each package. I bought spaghetti, elbows, and something else. Since I shopped at the Pig on Wednesday, I got 5% off my whole order. I would give you the particulars but I don't have the receipt right here. 

I just bagged the 3 lbs of chicken in 2 cup packages and had a pleasant surprise. Remember how I said the chopped chicken was too salty. Well, these were half chopped and half sort of shredded and had no seasoning whatsoever. that is good. 

Tommy is going to wash the air fryer and I will put two packages of ground meat in it, yes, just plop them in. I want the ground beef the cook and store in the freezer for pizza, spaghetti and whatever. 

Okay, that's it. Are you following the election as closely as I am? Do you feel a sense of relief as the situation stands right now? 

(Once again, go waaay down below to find comments.)

 
























8 comments:

  1. Since I just fall decorated-only minimal Halloween, my decorations will sty the same. I'll take down the little pumpkin plaque and exchange with one of the thanksgiving ones I got.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. SAM,
      I usually do something similar==minimal. I want just this year to hang things in the tree out front where we had the ghosts.

      Delete
  2. 1. I strongly support your decision to get a house cleaner. You are going to love it. If you think the person you just hired will be a no show, get some recommendations from friends or neighbors about who they hire.

    2. I decorate from Sept. through Nov. with one item. Pumpkins. They represent fall, Halloween and Thanksgiving. I don't have to change anything for three months. Put some on your front porch and it will look very seasonal. For inside your house you might purchase some mini pumpkins or some dried squash gourds. They look wonderful on any kind of table.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Anne,
      I continue to ask and find nobody. This is a different year for all of us, so I want something to keep both of us, especially him, engaged.

      Delete
  3. I do no decorations for Thanksgiving. It will probably just be TheHub and me this year and we plan on eating a turkey sandwich. No need to decorate for that.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I have a couple pumpkins and a butternut on the front porch. I usually hang something in the front door but the stop, sign, immune disorder for covid is there. Inside I have strands of "fall" leaves over the tops of wardrobes, windows, dresser and china hutch.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Chef,
      Well, your sign is most important thing you need on the door. Fall leaves are a good decoration. I need a sign on my door.

      Delete

Halloween Decorations

 Saturday night, we started decorating for Halloween. I found the ghosts to hang from the dogwood tree. They were wadded and wrinkled, so th...