Saturday, November 21, 2020

Found Money and Giblet Gravy

 When we went to laundramat in Cullman on Tuesday, I found two dimes on top of the machine into which I was putting the blanket. Score 20 cents. I forgot to mention it. 

I had a coupon for $1 off  Kraft Mac n Cheese. At Publix it was bogo, save $1.64. I used the coupon on the first box + $.64 and got the second box free. That made it 32 cents per box. I refuse to buy Kraft Mac N cheese, but this was too good to pass up. No, it will not be served Thanksgiving. It is not a T-Day food to me. These are just to put on the shelf. It will be used for a meal that is minus carbs!

Saturday Thanksgiving preparations will be boiled eggs for giblet gravy. Yes, I love chopped eggs in giblet gravy. 

Friday dinner--At first, I could think of nothing that would not involve cooking. Then, we had slices of turkey, butter peas, and diced butternut squash. For a spur of the moment decision, I was shocked at how delicious and filling it was. 

Saturday,  I will make peanut butter cookies. Most will be part of our goodies for Thanksgiving. No, it is not a tradition. I have wanted pb cookies for two months. 

Saturday now. Eggs are boiled, cookies baked. But, I started eating the eggs. Well, eggs are good for me. And, I have plenty of eggs to boil. There have been years long ago I had to save four eggs for giblet gravy.

I loved boiled eggs in giblet gravy? I won't put giblets in, just bits of leg meat. 

 

4 comments:

  1. I don't think I have ever had boiled eggs in giblet gravy!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know I haven't!My family and now myself throw away the liver/gizzard and heart- we do boil and simmer the neck though- turkey or chicken- for broth.I'm carbing bigtime for Thanksgiving- a mac/cheese casserole (Patti LaBelle's recipe) and pumpkin swirl cheesecake with a gingersnap crust. No meat- I could care less about it and it's just me at home this year.I have fresh green beans in the produce delivery this week so I'll saute them with some almonds. Yum- now I'm hungry.

      Delete
    2. Nan,
      Mama cooked the giblets and chopped them. I throw them away except for the neck, the best part of a turkey, I think...lol. Yes, I put it in the gravy or soup. Yes, all this food talk makes me hungry. The breast is the only part I eat, so no more turkeys after I eat the ones I have.

      Delete
  2. Michelle,
    It is the way Mama made giblet gravy. Lots of people chop eggs for the gravy.

    ReplyDelete

Halloween Decorations

 Saturday night, we started decorating for Halloween. I found the ghosts to hang from the dogwood tree. They were wadded and wrinkled, so th...