Thursday, December 10, 2020

Birthday Again

 Wednesday was Tommy's birthday. So, we did it all on Sunday and I had nothing for today. I sang "Happy Birthday" to him as soon as I awoke. He laughed because I was so sleepy.

Remember--cake, candles, ice cream and presents happened on Sunday. 

I ordered us a Honey Baked ham sandwich from, the Honey Baked Ham Store and went to Vestavia Hills to pick it up. We drove to Vestavia Hills Methodist Church and found a shady spot and ate. He absolutely loved his sandwich. I should have ordered turkey breast for me.

The church had a garden with sweet potatoes, a "Sweet Potato Garden" on the sign. It looked like they all had been dug. 

We drove around a bit. It was his birthday, so I just let him go whereever. Then, when we came home, I took a nap and he watched Jeopardy. 

I felt worse when I awoke. AND, all the dishes were dirty. I have not felt like standing for a week. And, was not going to ask him to wash dishes on his birthday. I gave him choices--last of the turkey and a vegetable, meatballs and same vegetable, or wash dishes, or KFC or his choice. He chose KFC.

KFC was delicious! 

I still have to make him homemade ice cream even though I bought ice cream. 

Thursday morning, we wash dishes. I wash; Tommy dries. The dishwasher not named Linda arrives on Monday. YAY!

Nothing Christmas to report. I am just too tired. 

10 comments:

  1. Happy birthday to Tommy! Sounds like a wonderful way to spend his birthday. And with homemade ice cream too? That sounds amazing!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. COL.
      Remember, we opened gifts and had cake and candles on Sunday. The homemade ice cream will be later.

      Delete
  2. Sounds like a very nice birthday.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. SAM,
      He like his birthday. He probably appreciated not washing dishes on his day...lol.

      Delete
  3. You picnicked at my church. The day care kids plant the sweet potatoes. I am unsure if they eat them or donate them to the food pantry, but it seems like they would feed them lunch with what they raise. I have never had a sandwich for Honeybaked but I understand they are delicious.
    Belated birthday greeting to Tommy.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Anne,
      Well, it was a nice shade for a picnic. It would seem there are enough for kids to eat and still donate to a food pantry. The sandwiches from HH are delicious. I prefer the turkey breast to ham. Tommy said, (Oh, he waved to you from here.) Then he gave a laugh. Thanks!

      Delete
  4. You were busy despite not feeling so good. You will be happy when your dishwasher not named Linda arrives, lol. A belated Happy Birthday to Tommy. It sounds like he really enjoyed it.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Joyful,
      I try to get things done even if I do not feel well. I think I will be ecstatic when she gets here. He did enjoy his birthday just doing basically nothing...lol. Thanks from Tommy.

      Delete
  5. Replies
    1. Urspo,
      If we can stay well, it will be a good new year. Thanks.

      Delete

Halloween Decorations

 Saturday night, we started decorating for Halloween. I found the ghosts to hang from the dogwood tree. They were wadded and wrinkled, so th...