Sunday, December 20, 2020

Found Quarter, Walgreen's Trip

 As I was getting out of the car next to a curb, I looked down to be sure of my footing. There was a quarter leaning against the curb. I rejoiced over my luck and a half dozen more quarters appeared, only they were pouring from my purse along with several dimes. I must have spilled $2 in coins. I really believe the first was a found quarter. Maybe not.

I had dropped change in the cross-body for several days. This was the first time in months I had used cash to get back change. This is why I like a purse with a zipper. This purse has a zipper but it was not zipped or change was pouring out of the side with zipper pull. Either way, I am not going to get change again and if I do, I will put it in my change container every day, the one sitting by my bed. 

This could as easily have been a major loss of quarters and dimes, so I am happy I stopped the flow from my purse!

Saturday, I went into Walgreen's to buy something to spend my $5 credit. I got a pair of black gloves for me for $2.49 and got a pair for Tommy that were 50% off after my purchase. As I was looking at them, I picked up a Vaseline lip gloss that was pink. Well, yes it was a tube of pink lip stuff. But, I could not see pink on my lips or the back of my hand. However, I am happy to have something for my lips that won't leave my mask dark pink. 12-packs of Diet Pepsi were 3/$9.99, so I got 3 for Tommy. Altogether, I think I spent $12.95. Plus, I received 2 coupons for $2 and $7 that I will use. 

At a big box, I bought ribbon for the green watering can, a red container for Christmas stuff, Reese's cup miniatures, and something else I cannot remember. 

We got a burger and ate at the park, then went to look at Christmas decorations at about 4 pm. Some displays are pretty but not well-lit or lit at all. So, we discovered what some displays were all about. 

Have you been out to look at Christmas lights? Have you seen any really fabulous displays? 

7 comments:

  1. I might see a few houses on the way home and Camden, where I work, is decorated nicely, but I usually do not go out at night when I get home. Plus, I libe in a very tiny town.Camden js bug city....lol.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. We only go to a few neighborhoods nearby even though I am dying to go further! We try to be home by 5 pm when it is just getting dark. Any other year, I would be willing to go farther. This year, I am not to sure of his driving.

      Delete
  2. Our neighborhood has a lot of lights. We've not driven around much.

    ReplyDelete
  3. TheHub and I drive around to look at lights and have seen many beautiful displays!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Anne,
      I thought about coming to that area of town, but I do not want to be out with Tommy driving after dark. Maybe I can get enough of the right food in him so his blood sugar will not be low and try going to other cities than Hueytown.

      Delete

Halloween Decorations

 Saturday night, we started decorating for Halloween. I found the ghosts to hang from the dogwood tree. They were wadded and wrinkled, so th...