Tuesday, December 8, 2020

Homemade Trail Mix and Homemade Picture Frame for Santa Picture

 About three or four months ago, I discovered a little raised place in my ear at the edge of my eardrum. Well, it was as far down as my little finger would reach. It did not hurt, but I asked the doctor what it was. She looked and did not know. Then, about a month ago, I told her it was still there. When I started taking the antibiotic for my abscessed tooth, the little raised place seem to recede. As soon as the tooth was out and I was in the car, I felt and the raised place is gone. So, I wonder how far that infection had spread and will I have more trouble from infection? My hearing has been worse but that is a problem I have since I have sinus infections. 

I dislike buying trail mix because there is always something I don't want to eat--sugar, soy, too much salt, a nut to which I am allergic, or something. So, I used what I had and made trail mix for Tommy. 

Ingredients--Planters Honey Roasted Lightly Salted Peanuts, dried Montmorency cherries, chocolate chips 60%. I had all these and wanted to make Tommy something for the Iron Bowl, so this was it. You can choose your ingredients. Tommy liked my choices.

My favorite ingredients are dark chocolate chips, home-dehydrated banana chips, and pecan halves. I cannot find my pecan guy; I have no banana chips, so I just eat chocolate chips. It is not the same.

Do you make trail mix? What ingredients do you use? 

When my son was nine-months-old, his first Christmas and our third, I had his picture made with Santa. I wanted to display it but could not afford a frame. So, I used a textured wall covering Daddy had and cut a piece for the frame. Pinking shears made it more than just a piece of covering. I think I glued gold fabric trim onto the frame, also. I don't have the frame out at this moment, so I am remembering. Even when I could afford a frame, I kept the homemade frame as it was a sentimental picture frame, reminiscent of that precious first Christmas with my baby. 

What homemade memory of an early Christmas graces your decorations every year?  

10 comments:

  1. Pretty sure, (if I remember my Anatomy) that there is a node there in your ear, which would have swollen with an infection.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Meg B.,
      Thanks, I will look into that. That is good information to know. It appeared well before any pain.

      Delete
  2. Glad your ear, and tooth, are better. Be well!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I make a mixture of choco covered almonds and a mix of nuts (peanuts, Brazil nuts, cashews, walnuts and almonds). If I want a change I use dark choco covered cranberries instead of milk covered choco almonds.

    I'm glad the ridge you felt in your ear canal is gone. Hopefully the infection is all clear.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Joyful,
      Your trail mix sounds delicious. I love the sound of chocolate covered cranberries. I have not had that.

      I am glad it is gone, too. I have enough antibiotic to take care of infection, I hope.

      Delete
  4. Pleased to read that your ear and tooth are better :)

    I used to enjoy making Christmas decorations with the children when they were growing up.
    Now of course it is the grandchildren who make them.
    Special times and special memories.

    All the best Jan

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Jan,
      Thanks. It has been quite and ordeal.

      I let my children make things and actually made some nice things. Yes, they are special memories of special times.

      Delete
  5. I still have a box of the things the kids made for Christmas. I used to put them on a tree in the kitchen, but after we remodeled it, my tree space disappeared, so they remain in the box.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Anne,
      That is a nice memory! And, having them all together on their special tree is a great idea.

      Delete

Halloween Decorations

 Saturday night, we started decorating for Halloween. I found the ghosts to hang from the dogwood tree. They were wadded and wrinkled, so th...