Sunday, January 31, 2021

A Sunday Delivery Surprise

 From Target a package was delivered to me today. It is a cable knit, garnet color. The main part was not delivered today. I will surprise you with the larger part of the gift to arrive later this week. Both were certainly a pleasant surprise to me. 

Sunday, I wanted to get up at 8 am. Surprise? There was a documentary titled "Radioactive Pigs from Fukushima"  at 8:30 am. I was eager, awoke, came in, and watched. Around 9:30, I went back to bed and slept soundly until 3:30. When I awoke, my feet were barely swollen. Hmmm? 

We went for a drive and got the last of our freebies from the coupon book from Burger King since the coupons expired today. We went to the park and ate while kids played and adults walked. 

I wanted to drive around more, so we went to a neighborhood where I had never been. When we were ready to go home, we passed Uncle Sam's BBQ. It is always packed. Now that they don't have eating indoors, the lines are so long. We have both been commenting that we needed to get a meal some day. Well, I pushed for take out today. There is a line for cars and a walkup line. We sat in the car for one hour.

Tommy said we should get one plate and share since there was such a huge portion. When he worked, he would get a plate and save half for the next night. So, we did get one plate--bbq, slaw, baked beans, fries, sauce on the side. He got the top of the bun. I gave him all but about ten beans, half the slaw, half the meat, and 3/4 of the fries. We still have fries in the refrigerator. It was delicious.  We both ate plenty from one plate, $9.99 before tax. We are satisfied and feel no need to eat anything else tonight, except for fruit. 

In March we plan to go to Bob Sykes BBQ. I could go next week, but we try not to eat out too many nights. Of course, if I don't feel well or am just not going to cook for whatever reason, we have no problem picking up a pizza or a dinner. 

The weather was 70F today and 57F at 7 pm. I love this weather until storms and possible tornadoes come from the warm weather. Last night, tonight's forecast included snow just a bit north of us. Strange. There is a cold wind that belies the warm weather. 

The plumber is coming on Monday morning to install the right fittings for this dishwasher. He asked if he was going to install it, too. That worries me. I predict this installation will cost another $300 dollars at plumber's rates. I worry. Remember, we paid for this once. And, I am not sure if we get the installation back from the delivery people--$90. 

What good things or surprises have happened to you today or lately?

2 comments:

  1. Snow here in KY today. A surprise for me. Working virtually and I don't mind at all :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Michelle,
      Snow here would definitely a surprise. I lived in KY once and got a bit of snow. I would definitely love working virtually. Stay warm.

      Delete

Halloween Decorations

 Saturday night, we started decorating for Halloween. I found the ghosts to hang from the dogwood tree. They were wadded and wrinkled, so th...