Friday, January 8, 2021

Cold! Forcing Flowers

 Today has been a miserable, cold day. It is the sort of cold damp that goes right through clothes and everything. The car was cold inside for at least 30 minutes. We went out, did what we had to do and came home. I had no ambition to do anything else. 

Being indoors with lamps on suited me just fine. It was nice to have my laptop. Two days ago, my laptop screen went black. It warned me first, but the warning was only seconds long. Usually, I just need to plug it in where the cord has slipped from the laptop. Sometimes, the connector in the middle of the cord separates. Once, the cord was unplugged from the power source. 

This time, I checked all connections and nothing helped. The laptop still would not power up. This has never happened. I checked to see if the plug was connected to a reliable power source. So, I unplugged a lamp. Still no power to laptop. 

I went to bed very discouraged, imagining how much a new cord might cost or how much it would cost to buy a new laptop or have this one prepared. The next day, I was not eager to turn it on. Finally, I did and it started right up. It appears that I only have 79% power. I am not sure why it is this low since it has been plugged for hours. 

It is 4:45, but I am going to take a nap. The living room looks so bare without Christmas. I may buy paperwhites to force. Do you ever force flowers? Anything other than paperwhites? I may try to force daffodils. 

4 comments:

  1. It is sooooo. cold, you are right!!!! I just want to stay curled up in my blanket.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Cindy,
      That is the best place I can think of right now!

      Delete
  2. I received a new laptop battery this afternoon and will install it just before I head to bed. I tend to leave my computer plugged in even though I know it is better to deplete the battery once in awhile.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Janet,
      I have been thinking my battery is going. I unplug my computer every night.

      Delete

Halloween Decorations

 Saturday night, we started decorating for Halloween. I found the ghosts to hang from the dogwood tree. They were wadded and wrinkled, so th...