Friday, January 29, 2021

Car trouble, Interruptions, Waiting

 The plumber was scheduled to come at 9:30 to fix the plumbing to accept this new dishwasher and have dishwasher installed. When I woke at about 5:30, I could not go back to sleep, so at 7 am, I got up. Waiting wore me out. I was so anxious that he would not come, that it would cost a thousand dollars to get this done. 

Before I go on, I went to bed before midnight. Usually, I power through to finish what is on TV and watch another favorite show. Well, Thursday night, I said to Tommy, let's go to bed. That involves him turning off TV and his lamp. I go to bed in bedroom. We did. I went to sleep almost immediately. If I had not had the 9:30 am appointment on my mind, I could have gone back to sleep. Maybe not. 

At any rate, the plumber called about 9:15 and said he had truck trouble and was just now going to his first appointment. I could scream. We had something to do this afternoon that we do not want to miss. If he gets here at 11 am, we cannot go. Well, I do not want to miss it and do not want to hurry the plumber. This is at least a 2 hour job! 

So, here I sit, no dishwasher, dirty dishes, dirty floor in kitchen from trash made yesterday. I am frustrated! 

On top of that, it is only 38F right now. I do not like it to be this cold when I must be out. Okay, I am a whiny baby. I wish it were 95F right now. Okay, 75F would be nice. 

I have a small project right now. I bought pads last summer and spring that I do not like because I could not find ones I do like. I have about a dozen packages. I am going to sell them for 1/2 what I paid for them in order to get rid of them, get some of my money back, and get what I need/like. Tommy needs to come to door of the room to take them on his walker, so I can start the process of notating what I have and get it to woman who is interested. I will use my "extra" time, freed up by a no-show. 

Even going to bed early only earns me about 6 hours of sleep. I rarely take a nap since I started taking my levothyroxin first thing in the morning. But, it is a habit that is probably good for me...lol. 

I will quit rambling on and go accomplish something, anything. 

Are you frustrated much by delays that screw up plans for the rest of the day and pushes other things/plans around?

12 comments:

  1. It can be annoying and you've had two days disrupted. I try not to get too worked up because what good would that solve and usually don't over plan an additional activity or appointment. Sometimes that can't be helped.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. SAM,
      I did not overplan. I had something else in the works that could not be canceled. Well, I am worked up!

      Delete
  2. Unless I have to be somewhere else (rare in today's environment), I don't mind too much if someone is late. I do, however, use the time to get something else started because if I just sit there waiting I will start to seethe!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Treaders,
      He was not just late, not coming until later when we already had a plan! I did do something--took a nap.

      Delete
  3. Replies
    1. Cindy,
      And, I might have to actually hand wash these dishes with a dishwasher sitting here.

      Delete
  4. We are all at the mercy of service people. This morning we were having a small repair at Moms. They were supposed to be there at 12 but called me at 9:15 saying they were on their way. I was not even dressed for the day, but fortunately I can throw clothes on quickly and only live 2 minutes form Mom's house

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Anne,
      Isn't that the truth! It is good you can get there so quickly and don't have to travel far.

      Delete
  5. All the time and service people are the worst for messing up plans.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Nothing burns my bacon as a sense of my time being deprived by another/an event.

    ReplyDelete

Halloween Decorations

 Saturday night, we started decorating for Halloween. I found the ghosts to hang from the dogwood tree. They were wadded and wrinkled, so th...