Saturday, January 9, 2021

Paperwhites on Sale, Deadlines, Pasture Voice, Fun

 As soon as I wrote about forcing paperwhites, I found them on sale for 50 cents a bag. Of course, the bins were empty. That was sort of depressing! Never mind that. 

I made an investment today. I am having to pay an attorney $175/hr. to do some work for me. I have to pay $75 for the secretary to work for me. Tommy gave him $1500 to start, money I must pay back a tiny bit at a time.  Sooo, I decided I can do some of that work for me. I got about 400 pages printed for free. I bought little post-it-note paper pointers to mark which pages need to be noted. Then, I bought a way too expensive hole punch and will organize and mark and turn over my "evidence" to the attorney. And, I will have a hole punch when all is said and done, besides saving money. 

And, I have to have this all done by Tuesday. So, I have my work cut out for me. That is just my deadline in order to get all this over with. After this, I have several more sources to copy and mark. I should have done this in the Fall, but I was too busy with ear and tooth abscess. 

AND, the dishes are getting higher and higher. I am too tired to drag him in there, but he always has something to watch on TV. So, Sunday is for dishes and cooking. Monday is for paperwork. 

Tommy is going to clean out most of his suits and donate them. I cannot imagine what fits him. But, he will surely not keep something that the pants won't zip. Maybe he will. Who knows? 

Saturday, I was in a big box store when a fight broke out. As far as I could tell, there were about a dozen young, black women/girls involved. It was loud and boisterous. I don't think blows were ever exchanged, just screaming, cursing, trash talking, threats. 

Earlier, in the same store there was a man who did not have an indoor voice, yelling across the store about what he wanted--if they don't have deep pockets, I am not having them. I tell you, they have to have deep pockets. Eventually, there were four of them, but the man was the loudest. It was amusing. 

My life is overflowing with fun right now...lol. 

I do have Purple Prince tulips and King Arthur type daffodils to plant. And, chicken and ground pork and ground beef to cook tomorrow. Fun never ends! 

What kind of fun do you have staring you in the face?

14 comments:

  1. My fun is similar to yours. I too am working with a lawyer and am already exhausted preparing a lot of evidence. It's taking all my waking hours and I'm behind schedule trying to find and organize the documents. Due to increase in Covid #s I haven't gone anywhere so I probably have to go out in a day or two to get some fruits and veggies at least. I'm soaking beans right now to cook with sausages tomorrow. Fun, fun, fun at my house, lol.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Joyful,
      I am not as diligent with this work as you are. I was shocked that the first documents were so easily gotten. Maybe the rest will be as the same. If there were a clean anything in this house, I would be cooking. Your meal sounds appealing.

      Delete
  2. No excitement here. A few weeks back a man argued with the woman he was with in the parking lot that he refused to wear a mask so she had to get said item. She seemed frustrated not knowing/understanding what said item was.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. SAM,
      Those mask arguments seem to turn violent. Maybe that is why these women were upset. Customers were leaving quickly and cashiers were frightened.

      Delete
  3. There was an argy-bargy in the dollar store while I was there. A man came in and was rude to the clerk and used the "F" word quite loudly. A young woman started yelling at the man that he was rude and she, too, was using the "F" word to him. I don't think she quite realized that she was being just as vulgar, but at least she was trying to stand up for the clerk.

    I have a small garden and am sitting on the ground each day and trying to work steer manure into my very hard clay soil. It's not easy, so I just do a bit at a time. I'm hoping it will make for an even better spring flowering.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Anne,
    I am quite disturbed by all the anger around these days. Or, maybe I just notice more.

    Hopefully the manure will make your flowers better. Are you sure you want to sit on the ground? ... .lol

    ReplyDelete
  5. My fun is getting the house and me ready for another knee replacement surgery in 0 days. Clothes out and reachable, foods cooked and I freezer so I don’t have to cook, just heat up. Furniture moved so I can walk a look with the walker until PT starts 10 days post op.....ice melt bought so I can put on ramp if icy.....and more and more.....will be happy to get this last knee surgery.....other knee was done just over 3 months ago. Amazing what it feels like to walk without pain and have some endurance. Something I’ve not had in 20 years due to fear of surgery. Of course, post op is a bit challenging since I’m alone with no family but I did it before so I hope I can do it again! Good luck with your attorney and all you have to do.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ksren,
      I can see how you would have to prepare well so you can manage. Since you did it once, it should be easy this time. Tommy can barely walk with a walker and fears the pain of knee replacements and hip replacements, four in all. Hopefully, you can let us know how you are doing. Thanks, I am going to need it.

      Delete
  6. I am working and I have to get to the DMV and social security with ID, my working with children check expired in April but there was an extension offered due to covid and then I forgot it. I might have to re-apply, who knows, it will surely be fun though.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. kylie,
      Good luck with getting everything in order. Hopefully, you will not have to reapply.

      Delete
  7. I think there is a lot more anger lately. People don't want to accept the other persons view and they get angry. When one of our kids was a baby we went to a park on a picnic. There was one other young couple there. Then a big bunch of bikers came roaring in. The other couple quick packed up and left. I was nervous but just then from another direction a large stray dog came in and ran right for my baby's stroller and at the baby. A couple of the bikers jumped off their bikes and ran by my baby and chased the dog away. Wasn't nervous after that and we just stayed and enjoyed our picnic.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ann,
      So far, nothing has happened around here, thankfully. I don't necessarily think of bikers as bad, but it sounded like you were lucky the bikers helped protect your baby. Great!

      Delete
  8. tell tommy to hold onto one suit; a man needs one on hand from funerals and sudden events.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Urspo,
      He said he is keeping two suits. I doubt he can get the pants zipped.

      Delete

Halloween Decorations

 Saturday night, we started decorating for Halloween. I found the ghosts to hang from the dogwood tree. They were wadded and wrinkled, so th...