Sunday, February 7, 2021

I Changed My Mind

 Using the elliptical was never comfortable or natural. Finally, I caught on to what "elliptical" meant. I knew the meaning of the word but not in relation to the machine I had or the machine a person sits on. I know, pretty dumb. 

The motion of the elliptical was not working for me because I was trying to pedal. Like a bike. At times, it seemed I stalled even though I was trying. Then, when I stalled it was as though the machine was trying to back pedal. I was hating the whole thing--the elliptical motion.

One day, somehow I hurt my ankle. So, the elliptical motion was painful even though walking was and  no problem. I solved all this. 

I am returning the elliptical and getting a machine that pedals like a bike. The upside of that is the pedal machine is about $100 cheaper!

For some reason, the last two orders from Amazon have not been successful. One order was for grandchildren, so I suppose I am in trouble!  

Some of the dishes in the sink were in a dishpan that was so coated and nasty. I was afraid Tommy would want to keep it. There is nothing wrong with it. But, I was not going to stand and scrub it. I asked him if he wanted to keep it. "No." Good. 

Has anyone used an elliptical and found it unsatisfactory as far as the motion?


6 comments:

  1. Was it seated or standing. I adore the recumbent elliptical. Biking motion is awful for the knees.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Barb,
      Oh no! The elliptical was hurting my hurt ankle. So, maybe I cannot use this either. However, I must use one of these or something else. Any suggestions?

      Delete
  2. I wonder if a visit to s physical therapist to watch how you use and correct your motion would be of help before you return.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. SAM,
      I asked for a referral to a physical therapist appointment to have guidance with motion and improving my flexibility. Then, Covid came and I decided not to go until later. I have called and asked for a new prescription. I will return this and can reorder if necessary. I only have less than two weeks to return it.

      Delete
  3. I would love to purchase your elliptical machine, I miss mine.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Urspo,
      Remember, this is for sitting only. A person cannot stand on it.

      Delete

Halloween Decorations

 Saturday night, we started decorating for Halloween. I found the ghosts to hang from the dogwood tree. They were wadded and wrinkled, so th...