Wednesday, February 10, 2021

Someplace Different

 A week or so ago, a new Buccee's opened in Leeds, AL. We wanted to go there but not when they opened. Today, was the perfect day. They had 120 gas pumps. Oh, my. I was not needing to go inside just to look at the layout, which I hear is filled with baked goodies and such. 

Tommy only needed about $12 worth of gas. Gas was $2.08, less than the $2.12 here. So, that was it. We drove around reading the signs about picking up after dogs. There were even stations with bags in case you forgot yours. 

This is only the second Buccee's in AL. So, this was hyped as a big deal. Even fudge inside could not get me inside. I did not want to go in if Tommy could not.

Buccee's was huge. 

I took a picture of my bluebird before sunset. I have done nothing else to upload it or post. Sorry. I need to find someone to cut it out for me for pay. First, I need to find scraps of 2x4s. I have everything else.

The day's news/TV coverage has been upsetting to me. I do want to hear and see the scenes that we have not seen. 

On the way back from Buccee's to continue watching the trial, I did stop at The Pig to buy two pints of ice cream for $1 each. While there, I found a eye of round roast. I will probably cut this into two pieces of freeze one. Maybe I will just cook the whole thing and freeze half of the frozen meat. I love round steak because it is so lean and usually so thin. 

The next four or five days, we will be housebound. The rain on Thursday (100%) will keep us indoors. There is plenty to be done--loading and unloading dishes from the dishwasher, maybe loading it again with his stuff in the cabinets,  folding clothes, sorting items that get put down when I am under the weather, sorting more food and getting it placed where it belongs, baking a poke cake. Remember, I am slow. 

Yesterday, when I washed my hair, I managed to get a lot of shampoo into my left eye. Now, it feels like an acid burn. It hurts so bad. 

Right now, I must put chicken breasts and vegetables into a cooking bag. 

Have you been watching the trial? 

10 comments:

  1. Not watching the trial, I don’t need any drama from either side,

    You must go into Buccees and see their bathrooms- no business does bathrooms as nice, plentiful and clean as Buccees.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Rhonda,
      Next time I have to pee, we will drive 22 miles to Buccee's. Thanks for the info.

      Delete
  2. I'm with Rhonda. never was a rest stop so nice or clean or had so much stuff. You should go inside. And also they have a different place for trucks to tas up than cars so I love it.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Barb,
      I noticed the separate place. Thanks. We will be sure to go inside one day soon.

      Delete
  3. There is too much going on here right now to head in that direction to see a store, but at some point I will make it over that way.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Anne,
      It got us out of the house! With the coming rain and cold weather, this will have to last for a few days.

      Delete
  4. Replies
    1. I am not sure how they count it. Is the back and front of the pump one pump or two pumps? But, it is an amaing sight.

      Delete
  5. We have no Buccee's here. Actually I never heard of it. As far as the trial I am trying to avoid any news about it and for sure not watching it

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ann,
      I had not heard of it before it came here. Oh, I am watching every hour!

      Delete

Halloween Decorations

 Saturday night, we started decorating for Halloween. I found the ghosts to hang from the dogwood tree. They were wadded and wrinkled, so th...