Friday, February 5, 2021

Thread and a Bird

 Wednesday, everything Tommy has left for years in the sink was put in the dishwasher. He even had plastic carryout items in the sink. The huge stack between the stove and refrigerator was dish items he stored in the refrigerator. He sorted and I put them in the dishwasher. Tomorrow, he is going to clean the sink since standing and bending at the angle needed really hurts my back. I will tell him tomorrow. 

Some of the items were mine! When I came here, he yelled that they were his. No, there is a dish from my Corelle and several Tupperware dishes. He has calmed down this last year and accepts they are mine. Remember, I sent food home with every week for about 12 years. 

Also, there is a bunch of trash and a box we are going to move so I can vacuum the carpet, just a little area. I can only vacuum the carpet I can uncover. The box and contents are headed to the trash, too. 

So, those are two goals tomorrow: clean sink and counter and move tiny, nasty box and vacuum the bit of floor where it looks like a disintegrated box or something. 

Thur. lunch

bologna sandwich, banana, milk

Thursday dinner

zucchini, squash, and onion bake, chicken in StoveTop stuffing

snack in afternoon, chocolate, applesauce; after dinner, strawberries, milk

I bought the canned chicken bogo and opened one can to see if was something we would eat in the future. We opened it, tasted it and stored it. So, it was time to eat it. After I decided it was good, I went back and bought four more cans, of course, only paying for two. 

Friday, I have been exhausted! Not much has been done, but the emptying of the dishwasher and vacuuming a tiny space and throwing out a box is still on the list. 

Friday morning

Banana and milk

Fri afternoon

oatmeal, raisin cookies, strawberries

Friday dinner

two scrambled eggs, cooked cabbage, sweet potato, salad, apple and Halo for me

some sort of chicken stew with vegetable for Tommy

Later applesauce I need to finish the jar.

Tuesday and Wednesday had not a cloud in the sky. Friday, gloomy and no sun all day. Maybe this is why I have been so tired. I slept 1.5 hours in the car listening to bird calls. 

My black thread for the serger arrived Friday. The day I was going to call and complain mightily, a representative called and asked me, "Do you still want the black thread you ordered?"  "Of course, I do!" So, it is here. Happy dance!

A friend invited us to eat with them next Thursday in Cullman and outdoors. That will be something to look forward to for next week! I will make a pattern from a bird she has outdoors so I can make some birds for us. I am excited to finish the pattern and get on to crafting the bird. I do intend to find free wood to make it. Only a can of spray paint will be needed for this project. YAY!

Do you have a project in the works that will make you happy?


21 comments:

  1. So glad you are making progress and have something to look forward to next week. It would be nice if you could upload a photo of your bird. I just made 2 knitted dishcloths. I am happy with that. I need to be creative and these dishcloths are about the only things that don't take up so much time. I am not the best knitter but I only use them to wash the dishes and sometimes gift a pair if they look good.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Joyful,
      I have not made it yet. I am making a pattern from a friend's bird hanging in her tree. I would make crocheted dishcloths but it seems food would get stuck in them.

      Delete
    2. I know you haven't made it yet. I was suggesting once you make it you could show it to us. Enjoy.

      Delete
    3. Joyful,
      I will when I figure out how to post a picture on here. I did post lots of pictures, then I could not. I suppose I will have to pay someone.

      Delete
    4. You just posted photos of the ottoman so I figured you now know how to do it.

      Delete
    5. Joyful,
      I copied and pasted those from the internet. I actually know how to take a picture and put it on the internet, but the information, the url, is not with the picture. I posted for years. I could take a picture and get it posted in less than five minutes!

      Delete
  2. SO the dishes that had sat for so long actually came clean in the dishwasher?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Did you have to throw them away?

      Delete
    2. I would have to throw them away myself. I mean, they haven't been used, so likely aren't needed, and if they're not coming clean, I would have to toss them.

      Delete
  3. I would have to throw them away. If they haven't been used, they aren't needed and if they don't come clean in the dishwasher, that is as far as I would go to save them. I'd rather eat off a papertowel

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Julia,
      Oh, we need some of these things, like plates. Other things are like lids from pitchers he tossed last year. He does eat off a paper towel, one he has used several times! And, we eat off paper plates, use plastic utensils and vessels to drink from.

      Delete
  4. Your household patterns confuse me, but then I've not had to adjust to living in someone else's house, but seemingly being in charge of taking care of it. I hope you were exaggerating about containers and dishes in the sink for a year-at that point, Id have binned it all.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. SAM,
      I have to work around his eccentricities. He said they had been here a year when I arrived. He has allowed only a few pieces to be tossed. Today, I am going to 'let' him clean that filthy side of the sink.

      Delete
  5. Eating outside sounds nice but not here. It is 10 below zero here with wind chills and 8 inches of new snow. It's pretty tho.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ann,
      I think that would be too cold to picnic unless we sat in the car...lol. It does sound very pretty.

      Delete
  6. I hope Tommy thanks God every single night that you have come into his home. I'm stunned this man has not succumbed to food poisoning years ago.

    There is a special place in heaven for you. Probably near the cleaning supplies. :D

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Anne,
      I refused to live in the filth and cleaned furtively so I would not die! No, he still thinks I am an annoyance. Lately, he has succumbed to my cries of 'nasty, dangerous, disgusting.'

      LOL, that is so funny! It just needs to be air-conditioned.

      Delete
  7. I confess I always feel good to clean out a house mess.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Urspo,
      I do too, and am waiting for the good feeling when it is clean.

      Delete

Halloween Decorations

 Saturday night, we started decorating for Halloween. I found the ghosts to hang from the dogwood tree. They were wadded and wrinkled, so th...