Friday, February 12, 2021

This and That on Friday

 It is cold and rainy, much better than many parts of the country. But, I don't have to like it. However, last night, Thursday night, we needed the ac for the overpowering heat and stifling condition. The cold and rain will last a bit longer, and it appears our trip to Cullman will be toward the end of the week. 

I returned the elliptical and found I was losing about $26 on the return. And, the guy showed up today to pick it up! Of course, we were not here. 

When I called Amazon to figure out why I did not get all my money, it was because I chose "I did not need it" when I should have chosen that it was "Not what I expected" which is true. So, now I get the whole price returned to me. And, now I have another pickup date for early Monday morning. 

Whew! 

We are very slowly throwing things out of the house that have been here for decades. At first, he refused to get rid of anything. 

When I was putting something in the freezer, a tiny bag slid into sight. It was a portion of cooked pork loin from December that I had saved for another day. I just love having cooked meat and can add vegetables for a meal. 

About 3 pm as we came home, the chic-fil-A truck was parked near the taco truck in a church parking lot. We had a sandwich and that is the last one I will get there. The chicken was no longer crispy and mine had two pickles. gag. And, it was too expensive.

Tonight, we had a spinach salad in a bag. We divided it--baby spinach, raisins, bacon, almonds, and sweet onion dressing. The spinach/carrot/cabbage salad had five shreds of carrot and maybe six of cabbage. LOL Tommy had a small potato from the oven last night and a bit of chicken. I had just a bit of spinach and a bit of chicken. 

I love raw spinach, but I had to take off the stems, so it was slow going. 

I love the miracle of a dishwasher! We are actually using real dishes. However, we are still using plastic utensils and plastic to drink. We will get there.


14 comments:

  1. I love the stories of you dragging Tommy, and his household goods, into the 21st century. Too bad there aren't any BEFORE and AFTER pictures. :D

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Anne,
      I will post some after pictures if I ever am able to post. Of course, there is a long way to go. Thanks.

      Delete
  2. You are doing a great service there.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sounds like you have a two way street living with Tommy as you both adapt.

    ReplyDelete
  4. OMG, Chick Fil is so expensive. You can make it at home a little bit cheaper.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Belinda,
      It would not be the same. And, this was cold and soggy, so not the same anyway. It is ten miles to a cfa, so I won't be getting them anyway.

      Delete
  5. I am not too far from you over here in Georgia and I cannot understand or fathom your saying that on Thursday night you “needed the ac for the overpowering heat and stifling condition.” Not trying to be smart-alecky here, but do you think it might be something in your physical makeup, a metabolism problem, maybe a hormonal imbalance? Or perhaps you have some malady of which I am unaware that is known to have this particular symptom? Not prying, just curious. This is February. However are you going to manage in the summertime? Do you tend to exaggerate? I’m not trying to ruffle your feathers, really I’m not. I will shut up now.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. rhymes,
      Don't you realize that even fifty miles can make a difference. I will explain this once again for you. It is a brick house; this is hottest or coldest room in house; I cannot breathe in stuffy or hot room; the house is brick and retains heat when the sun shines; we use the ac in the summer. You do manage to annoy me greatly.

      Delete
  6. I'd be lost without my dishwasher. I've had one for so long I'd probably feel like my arm had been amputated if it packed up. My sister laughs at me as she reckons it's as quick to wash by hand, but each to his own, I guess!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Treaders,
      Once I had a dishwasher in 1977, I never went back...lol. If my back did not bother me so that I stagger away from the sink every five minutes, I might make it with lots of grumbling in my head! I complained out loud the whole time, had him help, and then got one. As for me, I want/need a dishwasher.

      Delete
  7. I too spend time removing spinach stems
    I dislike eating off of plastic.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Urspo,
      Before, I would eat the stems. Now, with gastroparesis, I feel like I need to do so.

      Delete

Halloween Decorations

 Saturday night, we started decorating for Halloween. I found the ghosts to hang from the dogwood tree. They were wadded and wrinkled, so th...