Tuesday, February 16, 2021

Tulips and Snow

 When I awoke about noon, Tommy said there was snow on the ground at 8 am but not falling. By the time I looked out, there was just a little deep in the grass around a small tree. So, I missed that. 

I put the vase of tulips near my lamp beside me, sort of under the shade. I suppose they like that light because they grew taller so that I could not scoot the lamp over. One tulip started blooming then another last night. This morning, four are in the process of blooming. Of course, I check on them every ten minutes! 

There is no bread, so I just had cheese and a diet Coke for breakfast and then banana and milk. I won't die without bread! I might make pancakes or biscuits or something bready. I need something hot. Hot chocolate?

I think every dish in the kitchen that I use is dirty. I just did not feel like washing anything as long as I had something else to use, I suppose...lol.  At any rate, they will be easy to wash with the dishwasher. 

Amazingly, the temperature is still below freezing--26F. Tommy took my laundry out and now must go out again to retrieve it. 

Yesterday, I received an email informing me that my delivery of the pedal thing was delayed. Okay. Then, about 8 pm, I received an email saying an assistive device was in the mailbox. I decided it was too late and cold to go out. 

Tommy went out about 2 pm, and there was nothing in the mailbox. So, I called and the assistive devices are somewhere according to the cs person at Amazon. They may have been stolen or be in someone's mailbox, just not ours. I really wanted those. But, I was assured that if they were not here at 7:01 pm, that they would automatically be reordered and redelivered. 

The sun is shining brilliantly, so the cold does not matter at all to me. Of course, if I had no heat or food or means of surviving, the sunshine would not thrill me. 

What yummy foods are you cooking up to keep the cold at bay and your tummy warm? I think we will have leftover roast, share the one potato left, green beans and Suddenly Salad Ranch and Bacon with grape tomatoes. Temperature at your house? 

6 comments:

  1. In Nevada we are lucky at the moment. Temps here are 40's and 50's during the day. Not bad. I do get cold when the wind blows a lot and seem to have more challenges with the cold the older I get. Layers and blankets / sweaters. Indoors and out. (well not the blankets when outdoors. Take care and stay safe and warm.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Crystal
      Thanks for your perspective. I am surprised at the warm weather during all this. The cold wind kills me. I do think getting older is the problem...lol. I have the blanket out, too!

      Delete
  2. It's 'cold' here by AZ standards, low 5C and high about 20C. which beats most places so I shan't complain.

    ReplyDelete
  3. In Kentucky, our high today is 30 but currently 16. We have another winter storm moving in this evening through Friday morning. Everything is already pretty much closed down.

    Pork chops today, maybe a smoked brisket tomorrow, and salmon later in the week.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Alice,
      That is cold...brr. I am home through Thursday since it is below freezing now and rain tomorrow. Friday is clear, warmish and sunshine. I wish the same for you. I will be there for dinner this week. It all sounds delicious.

      Delete

Halloween Decorations

 Saturday night, we started decorating for Halloween. I found the ghosts to hang from the dogwood tree. They were wadded and wrinkled, so th...