Wednesday, March 24, 2021

Burned Eggs

Continuing from Monday...

Monday, I had a coupon for a free Mayfield Product.  I chose Extreme Moosetracks at $6.29. If you don't know, this is ice cream with chunks of gooey chocolate throughout. In order to make it a more healthy treat, I sliced a banana over it in the bowl.  I try!

Tommy hasn't cleaned the sink in last two weeks or so. I tried to get him to clean it last week, but he had excuses...lol. You know how it should and could gleam. Well, he did not wash off the Barkeeper's Friend and the faucet and handle looked gross. I showed him so he can do it right next time. Plus, he denies he did whatever. 

Tuesday, as soon as I posted, Tommy went in and did a magnificent job scouring the stainless steel sink. The faucet and handle are mirrors. He went in and showed me how he lifted up the coffeepot and another thing and cleaned under them. He explained that he used a dishcloth to get the powder off the sink and faucet. Great! He is so funny like this. 

He also took my a load to the washing machine. That means I have things to hang and things to fold. ugh!

After we went on Tuesday to pick up his meds at the pharmacy window, I got the ice cream and wanted to look for wood. I found some where a guy is adding a room or porch to his house. I only got four very short pieces, enough to make three birds since it is 2x6 instead of 2x4. I will go back another day since it is only about 4 blocks from here. 

I have four heads of cabbage that were a good price. I really need to use them up. I think I might make cabbage soup. That means I need to get the carrots in the crockpot since they take the longest to cook. I may take a nap and put the potatoes in later, then the chopped cabbage.  But, I took a nap.

When I awoke four hours later, I smelled something. I had left six eggs in a pot to boil. Well, those are in the trash. Tommy did not notice eggs boiling for four whole hours! I have more eggs, but I sure hate to lose food!

Wednesday

Today, I am going to show him how to polish silver...lol. His parents used silverplate for everyday. I found a silverchest he didn't know was there. The silverplate needs polishing. lolol

Okay, it is Wednesday, and I have five more eggs boiling. Januuary 6, I bought four dozen jumbo eggs for fifty cents each dozen. I five in a pot boiling and another three in the carton. I wish I had bought more. These stand up in a bowl of water, so they need to be eaten. After breakfast of two eggs, I will use the other two eggs for egg salad or just to eat. 

So, I ate 5.5 dozen eggs in eleven weeks.  I think I dropped some, burned those on Tuesday and lost a boiled one for so long I threw it out.  That probably makes 4.5 dozen in eleven weeks. 

Since I sent back the elliptical machine and the pedal machine, I have no way of getting exercise. Walking the hall and kitchen is good, but I can only last three minutes. Today, I decided to try something new. My friend was prescribed and exercise before her knee surgery. I decided to try it. It is a killer. I sit on Tommy's walker and "march." I didn't last long and my thighs were burning. But, I will try to do a bit more each day. 

It is not yet 10 am and I am exhausted and want a freshly boiled egg. For the last four days, I have lost one pound each day. The main thing I have done is not to eat much after dinner. Okay, that egg was delicious with a smidgen of butter melting on top.

Finally, just now, I got an appointment for Tommy and I to get a covid vaccine. I think. Then, I had to cancel eye doctor. I have an appointment to check eyes and another at the same time for a medical eye exam because of something on edge of eye. This is the thing the doctor said was a sty, but who knows? It just became very hard. So, I will solve this mystery.

It is another beautiful day and warm...70F. 

One time, I put eggs on to boil in a Corningware pot. I lay down to watch TV and woke about 2 am. I went to bed and awoke the next morning to eggs on the ceiling and all over the walls! When I replace the vent hood years later, there were still bits of eggs in it even though I cleaned it. 

Have you ever boiled eggs so long they exploded? 



12 comments:

  1. OMG! I have exploded eggs, twice! First time, I put them one to boil, left the house for 2 hours and came home to husband and dog on the deck as smoke came out the windows. Egg all over the kitchen.
    Second time wasnt as bad but almost.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Irene,
      Tommy was just in the living room and did not smell them until seconds before I did. It was disconcerting. I wonder why your dog did not smell them...lol.

      Delete
    2. He might have. The dog was with my husband, who was asleep (worked late shift) said he woke up and thought some one was pounding on the wall, that was the eggs exploding! I put out bowls of vinegar to help clean up the smell, it did seem to help, but it took awhile.

      Delete
    3. Irene,
      I had to put out vinegar, too. It is almost funny your husband thought someone was pounding on the wall.

      Delete
  2. I'd be more worried you didn't burn the house down leaving the eggs to cook away for 4 hours than the loss of the eggs. Scary.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. SAM,
      Well, the house was intact but eggs were on the ceiling, so I focused on the mess.

      Delete
  3. I have never seen eggs in the store for .50 a dozen, lucky if they are ever .99 a doz anymore. Usually they are $1.99, so I am glad I don't have to buy them anymore. That ice cream sounds yummy. We have one in our town store called "Beaver Tracks" that sounds similar and is one of my favorites.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. One,
      This was a special as manager or someone ordered too many. I will have to check into "Beaver Tracks." Having chickens is fun from the aspect of not buying eggs and never running out.

      Delete
  4. I've never burned boiled eggs LOL- my method is simple. Put your eggs in a single layer in the bottom of your pan; cover with water; once the water comes to a boil, turn OFF the burner and cover the pan with a lid and do not lift it for 15 minutes. Voila- boiled eggs quickly and no danger of fire. I get mine in my farm share- $$ but fresh and the hens get to roam- $4.50 a dozen.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Nan,
      That's a good way to boi eggs. I have just brouht them to a boil and turned off the eye and let them sit for a bit anf they are done. I was just so tired! I need to find fresh eggs. That is a fair price.

      Delete
  5. I hard cook eggs like Nan. They turn our perfect and are easy to peal. You have some good food ideas and I like how you use so many veggies and so little processed food. You give me some good ideas.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ann,
      That is probably the best way to boil eggs. I try not to use a lot of processed food, but there are days I do use things like cream of soups. I saw this recipe which I am not following, except loosely. Thanks.

      Delete

Halloween Decorations

 Saturday night, we started decorating for Halloween. I found the ghosts to hang from the dogwood tree. They were wadded and wrinkled, so th...