Wednesday, March 17, 2021

CC Charges and Asphalt Shopping

 Tommy pays off his monthly charges on his two credit card bills every month and never has interest charges. Monday night, he was figuring something, writing down numbers as he consulted another piece of paper. When I asked him what he was figuring, he said he was just checking things. I asked if he ever determined what he spent on various categories. He had not. 

Later, he told me the various amounts for different designations, none of which I don't remember. He was not happy with the amount he spent on eating/takeout. Hmmm. 

He said he had never figured out what he spent on categories before. 

We took a ride on Tuesday after the rain and just before dusk. Hueytown is in decline. It is really sad. There are large, old homes that will be razed one day. I saw a pile of trash out in the street in front of one house being rehabbed and told Tommy to drive by slowly. He did and I asked him to circle the block so I could look at one item. Then, I asked him to get out and help me. I sort of dragged it to the back of the Rogue. He rearranged his walker in the back seat and took mine from the back and put it on top of his walker with me getting boxes out of the way. 

He lifted the piece into the rear and the trunk barely closed. He was very amenable to all I asked. 

Once in the car with car slowly driving away, I commented how wonderful the item was. He yelled, "What in the HELL are you going to do with that? Where are you going to put it? My house is full!" 

"Oh, it will fit. I need it." You will like it when I clean it up." He immediately calmed down and said, "Oh."  It was like he made his obligatory objection and it was over. 

This is going to take a very strong man to get it out of the car and into the house. No, I am not going to tell you what it is. But, I am going to figure out how to put a picture on here now!

Oh, this junk pile was not on the yard, not on the sidewalk, not on the curb. It was out in the asphalt road in the street. I love this kind of shopping! I may sell my treasure.

Do you go through each month and figure out the categories of spending and how much you spent? I know some sell things you find. What is your best find?

8 comments:

  1. Yes, every month so it's not a big deal to check where the leaks are at LOL

    ReplyDelete
  2. I found a bag of cutlery in a skip once. They turned out to be a handful of gorgeous little knives and spoons which I've enjoyed using regularly ever since.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I too want to pay off credit card in full each month
    I don't think we break down the categories anymore.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Urspo,
      I think he will be breaking it down into categories from now on.

      Delete
  4. I definitely know my budget - I guess it comes with now living on 1/3rd of what I earned when I was working (not that I have any regrets about retiring). I don't see how you can make it any other way, to be honest. I still have "throw around" money of course, but I really believe it's essential to know what your outgoings are all the same.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Treaders,
      You attitude about money and spending is how you manage on 1/3 of what you were earning. Planning splurge money works.

      Delete

Halloween Decorations

 Saturday night, we started decorating for Halloween. I found the ghosts to hang from the dogwood tree. They were wadded and wrinkled, so th...