Sunday, March 28, 2021

Crow Lamp and My New "Toolbox"

First, I could not copy the picture of the bird lamp. Just search for "crow lamp" One sits on the table. the other is on the wall. I found it on Amazon. It is alternately called a crow or raven on the site.

Toolbox



Since my toolbox is gone, I have suffered from the lack of tools. The tools in the box included  a hammer Daddy gave me when I married in 1966.  I had looked for a real toolbox but the one I found was too heavy. Today, I changed the lack of a toolbox for a green Publix tote bag, the small $0.99 one.  It works. I have no idea why this paragraph is the way it is. ???

I only have two tiny screwdrivers in it so far. Oh, and a reel of wire. I have a short, stubby screwdriver and a hammer somewhere, and a wirecutter. So, as they are found, they will go into my "toolbox."

Sarturday, I only slept until 5:30. I have started going to bed earlier and still can only sleep a few hours. So, at 7:45 I woke Tommy from a sound sleep and asked him to get up and go out. He did. We took back items worth about $50. I found wire for hanging the Easter eggs from the tree. We did not find shoes for him. So, he told me to order them from Amazon. 

We each had one Krystal since I wanted no more. We went to Publix where I found my "tool box." Of course, I needed a nap. Dinner was leftovers--cabbage soup for both of us and he had a baked chicken leg. I had half an apple with most of peeling gone. 

I barely heated my soup since potatoes cooled and barely reheated have a less deleterious effect for diabetics. Every bit helps. 

Saturday night, I went to be a little after midnight and woke at 4 am and could not sleep. This still requires me to take a nap. I have gone to bed early for me, three days in a row, and I sleep four hours, awake, and cannot go back to sleep.

How about that crow lamp? Do you have something to keep tools in that is not a toolbox but it serves the purpose? 

 

15 comments:

  1. tools... card board box, paper sack, plastic grocery bag, fishing box, deceased husband tool box, deceased step dad tool box, deceased daddy's tool box. LOL... I think they put in their wills to make sure I get those tool boxes. I've seen crow lamps. My dogs would try to eat the bird if I had one

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Chef,
      Lol, I need someone to put a tool box in a will for me. There is a version that hangs on the wall. I am sure cats try to get that one.

      Delete
  2. Not seen crow lamps before, but there seems to be a lot out there on amazon, etsy etc.

    All the best Jan

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Jan,
      I had never seen one before. I will look on etsy.

      Delete
  3. My late husband, who could fix or build anything, carried his small tools around in a coffee can. I, who can't remember which way to screw things in or out, have a regulation tool box with tools and a drill. Go figure!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Jan,
      I am still laughing. Maybe you figure if you look official that you can work better.

      Delete
  4. I have a tool bag, not a box, for my personal tools, but it was made specifically for tools (with pockets and loops to hold specific items) It is heavy but I have it loaded with everything I could possibly need, and tools are heavy

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Anne,
      Tools are heavy! I may end up getting a bag. Who knows? I doubt I will ever kep as many tools as I had, but that's okay. Thanks.

      Delete
  5. That is kind of a cute lamp, though crows aren't my favorite birds, even though I know they are smart. My one dog hates when they are sitting on the fence, haha. Where I live they are ravens, which are larger than crows.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Restarting a toolbox has the positive you get to carefully assemble the ones you need and not have old useless tools like so many have.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Urspo,
      All my tools were old and not useless at all. Some came from Daddy, some were yardsales, some were new 40 years ago.

      Delete
  7. Never heard of a crow lamp before, let alone seen one. It looks rather creepy to me, or maybe a better way of saying it is I was startled to see it, not what I was expecting. Would never in a million years have thought of putting the words crow and lamp together and doing a search. Live and learn!

    I think each line of that paragraph being centered has something to do with the photo of the publix bags above it is centered and the centering command was not ended

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. rhymes,
      It just popped up, forgot how. I would like it for Halloween.

      Delete

Halloween Decorations

 Saturday night, we started decorating for Halloween. I found the ghosts to hang from the dogwood tree. They were wadded and wrinkled, so th...