Saturday, March 13, 2021

Friday, better; Saturday, best

 On Friday I got two little Jiffy peat pot seed starting Greenhouse Kits. I say "little" kits because I did not get the one with 72 peat pellets. I need to have something I can handle. So, two 25-pellet kits. 

One pellet kit will have flowers and one will have food plants. I won't buy any seeds, just use the ones from last year. Last year, I bought herbs. This year, I will grow them from seed. 

I also bought two travel pillows for the car. When I go into the dentist/eye doctor, I have to ask for something to go behind my back. From now on, I will have my own back support. We actually need a pillow for our heads sometimes in the car. He often takes a nap when I am in the store forever.  Nowadays, though, I don't go often or stay long. 

A Swiffer cost me about $13. Taking a plan from others, I will never buy the pads. I have all sorts of cloth to use. Tommy has a mop that looks like an industrial mop. It is the largest I have ever seen in a home, appearing as large as the ones used in school hallways. It is a regular round shaped mop, not a wide one. It would be so heavy to push! Wringing it out would be impossible for me. It sits in front of the refrigerator, but I am going to move it out to the utility room. 

A few weeks ago, I had plans to make a strawberry poke cake. I got the cake mix, brought it to the den to read the directions. About three or more times a week, I once again get it out. Tonight, I was looking at the cake mix when Tommy laughed and asked when I was going to make the cake because he had seen me with the box, just reading it. 

It was warm a few weeks ago and I was feeling well. Then, it got cold and I was suffering from shingles. So, there was little interest in baking, cooling, poking, pouring, frosting, and finding a place for it in the refrigerator. I think Saturday will be the day. 

And, I have not read the box directions so many times. I have been looking and contemplating. 

A yard sale on Saturday yielded a Monopoly game (1961 copyright) for $1 with four pieces--scottie, racecar, shoe, and tophat. The money, houses, and hotels and cards were all mixed up. So, Tommy  straightened it all out so we can play. If it weren't for the tape used to hold the lid on, this would be in pristine condition. The tape pulled pieces of the box loose. 

 Remember the embroidered and appliqued table cloth I bought for $1 last Fall? I found 12 matching napkinsthat match, $2 for the twelve. And, I got a purse for my Pink Purse Charity--$2 for a large Nine West purse that looks like it was barely used. The woman remembered me and my purse I was filling, so she insisted I take two tubes of hand lotion. I also got a dresser scarf with an embroidered edge for $2. 

Also, there were four Battenburg lace pillow cases, the kind of sham with envelope closing on the back.  YAY! I like this kind of stuff. It is pretty. I am not a person for tailored pillows. I spent $12. I will sell some of this and make at least what I spent, probably more. 

Saturday, we had a Reuben for $3 at Arby's with a coupon. I had the sauerkraut on the side. I put a 1/4" shred on each bite. I cannot eat sauerkraut because of allergies. It was delicious. It is also a beautiful, sunny day. 

Altogether, it has been a good Saturday. And, it early afternoon. The rest of the day will be filled--a nap, dinner of salad with chicken, emptying dishwasher and filling it again. 

Now, Inherit the Wind is on. Then, I took a nap instead of watching ITW. Dinner--spaghetti and meatballs, salad.

8 comments:

  1. A brand-new Arby’s opened about 4 miles from us and we got a two Reubens for the price of one with a coupon a few days ago. We shared one there for lunch and took the other one home to share for supper later (re-heated, of course). We OD’d on Reubens that day but that was perfectly okay with us! Also, instead off our usual curly fries we decided to get potato cakes for the first time ever and they were DELICIOUS!! Much better than Mickey D’s si-called hash browns.

    Writing this comment is making my mouth wate.

    ReplyDelete
  2. rhymes,
    Tommy wanted to half a sandwich, but I needed mine without sauerkraut. So, we got two, and I struggled to eat a whole one! The potato cake are the best. I never order mcd hash browns, though.

    ReplyDelete
  3. there is no joy like growing things from seed.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I use a dish towel that I don't particular care for as my swiffer 'refill'. It's brand new, but I don't like the way it feels, and doesn't seem very absorbent for water. It does pick up dust perfectly, though!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Alice,
      I had read about things people used for the refill cloth. It is good to hear from someone I know about substitutes. I wondered how to attach them until I saw the unit. I have a discloth that I like the looks of but not useful for what I got it for. So, I will use that or a rag from scraps I have. Thanks for that information.

      Delete

Halloween Decorations

 Saturday night, we started decorating for Halloween. I found the ghosts to hang from the dogwood tree. They were wadded and wrinkled, so th...