Monday, March 15, 2021

National Napping Day

 Today is National Napping Day. However, today, Monday, I did not do my part, just rested. How about you? Did you nap today? Like me, did you skip the nap? 

Yes, my ear is causing hiccups. Touching the inside is like a trigger for hiccups! Thanks, Kim.  Thanks to my allergist. 

Sunday dinner: salad and chicken. He had chopped chicken and I had a piece of a chicken breast. I love the freezer for proteins! 

The day included a rest and a nap, as usual. I spent a lot of time just picking up and putting things where they belong. I did not finish, so that will continue. 

Tommy does a really good job keeping things organized in the refrigerator. Then, he tells me where things are that I have searched high and low to find. He also makes sure the older stuff is on top or in front. Today, he found the other package of grape tomatoes and told me he put them on top of the two new ones. How great is that kind of help? 

Tomorrow, he is going to do laundry for me, and will probably do it before I get up. So, I made sure everything is in the laundry hamper. 

Monday--laundry done. I still am off-balance. It comes and goes. Plus, I cannot get up the slope to the carport from the driveway without severe pain in my back. So, he does it. 

The rain and lack of sun has me feeling nappy, but it did not come. What did you get accomplished today? 

14 comments:

  1. My goodness. There seems to be a day to celebrate practically everything these days. I didn't take a nap because I slept late and woke late. It's a shame as it is a glorious day and I could have been out taking photos of blossoms. Hopefully I'll do that later this week. I like how Tommy is keeping the fridge organized. I need someone to do that for me.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Joyful,
      It was rather a gloomy day today, so I missed nothing being inside. However, last week was glorious, sunny and warm and no rain. I missed that being in bed. When things get pushed to the back, I cannot find them and he does it for me. So, he just organized it for both of us. And, he is good about putting older stuff like cheese or tomatoes where we use the oldest first. I am sort of amazed.

      Delete
  2. I am not a napper unless I am absolutely worn out, which is very rare. I did not honor National Napping Day, but did get some big chores knocked off my to do list.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Anne,
      My nap habit when I was first married was about once every two weeks. But, it has evolved to twice a day...lol. Good for you getting chores done.

      Delete
  3. I got in my nap at about 6 in the evening until 8:30 it was lovely.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Kim,
      I have taken naps that late. And, yes, they are lovely. Nap more often!

      Delete
  4. No nap and worked until after 8.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. sam,
      I hate you worked so late. But, be thankful you are able to work that long. I hate my condition. It limits me.

      Delete
  5. Do you rent Tommy out at all? My fridge looks like Hampton Court Maze!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Treaders,
      LOL
      I will consider it. I told him what you asked and he smiled broadly through his snoozing. He said, "Especially your stinky cheese." What? I just found out he thinks Parmesan cheese stinks. The green Kraft shaker canister gets pushed to the back and falls over, so he comes in and finds it for me. Then, he tries to make sure it stays in the front.

      Delete
  6. I sure wanted a nap! But work comes first :(

    ReplyDelete
  7. I plan to nap this weekend when Father naps. Luxury !

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Urspo,
      You will need it to do your best for him. Enjoy!

      Delete

Halloween Decorations

 Saturday night, we started decorating for Halloween. I found the ghosts to hang from the dogwood tree. They were wadded and wrinkled, so th...