Friday, March 12, 2021

No Energy

 Wednesday was a not-so-good day. I slept little the night before, rested in bed once during the day and then napped. I ate a pb, MW, banana sandwich around 11 am. Dinner was baked chicken, salad with Italian mix, tomatoes, and carrots. Later I had a Coke and chocolate ice cream float. Then an apple. We went for a short drive and that was all I did besides use laptop and watch TV.

My energy is at the bottom. I have no new thoughts about anything. My only goal is to get to a doctor. 

Thursday, I had a long rest in bed and then a long nap in the afternoon. Once again, dinner was baked chicken and a salad. Dinner was delicious. We packaged the pedal exercise machine for a return pickup on Friday morning. That is my one accomplishment for the day! 

Oh, I did get up in the middle of the night and started cutting on my hair. What a mess I made of my hair.

Friday, Tommy finished cutting the length on my hair. I have not looked to see the result. I had cut the bangs and around my face and the length of the sides. 

Several days ago, I injured my foot and can barely put my weight on my heel on the right foot. I was limping and started making both feet hurt. So, I have gone back to putting my weight on the right foot/heel. I started wearing my sandals in the house and it seems like it hurts less since the shoe sole is thick. 

After reading on the internet, I realized my allergist might be the best doctor to treat the ear shingles. So, I called him this week and he called today. After hearing my story of a horrid reaction to tetanus vaccine when I was twenty and the fact my two-year-old daughter had the same reaction three years later, he decided that my vaccine would be best administered in his office, what I thought, too. I don't know how we got sidetracked. 

Then, I told him the story of months long problems that have been diagnosed as shingles of the ear. He prescribed an antiviral for me. So, I have it and cannot decide if I wait for a symptom or just take it now. In a bit I will call pharmacy. Of course, the ear started hurting one day after I finished the antibiotics. I worry what is wrong with my ear. 

I mentioned someone told me about ears and hiccuping. He said that ear problems could cause hiccups. 

On Saturday we are rising at 6 am to get to a store for a return so we won't be amongst people with something we might catch. Okay, let's see if that happens. It was my idea, but I am not sure how I will feel about it at 6 am. 

Update on the haircut. I washed it and let it dry. It may not be a good haircut, but it looks 100% better. 

For Friday dinner I am going to put potato wedges in the Concord spices and olive oil along with carrots, onions, grape tomatoes, and meatballs. I cannot wait to have dinner. Oh, the meatballs will just go in the pan but not in the olive oil and spices. I might even put the tomatoes in the pan for only the last 15 minutes. 

It just occurred to me that I was dealing with three things at once last year--shingles in ear, abscessed last upper molar on same side, and an ear infection. Seriously, I was in bad shape at that time. And, the shingles was at least a six-month ordeal last year. 


10 comments:

  1. What do you think of the shingles vaccine? A friend of mine had it and got so sick from it she was laid up for over a week. Then he had to have the 2nd dose. I never had the vaccine and her experience makes me wonder if it is worth it

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ann,
    I think it is a good vaccine. However, due to a very scary experience with a well-know vaccine, I am afraid. But, it is worth getting. I am eager to take it.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Replies
    1. D,
      Concord Roasted Potato mix. It is a packet of spices to be used on potato wedges. It is sold in the produce section in a white packet, sort of like packets of taco seasoning. No, I am not going to mix my own spices, but I am sure it is possible. I love it for potatoes and discovered it is good on all the vegetables I am going to cook with potatoes. It is only about $1 and lasts for about four or five meals.

      Delete
  4. I need to trim my hair again. I try to put some layers in it, but I'm not very good at it and hoping with practice I'll get better, LOL

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. One,
      I did put a few layers in. I did it so well the first time that a beautician said I did a really good job. However, I have not tried to do a thorough job since then. I keep trimming the bottom. I tend to make sure I get the length right, then bangs and front. Then, another day I will layer.

      Delete
  5. Oh dear, I've cut my own hair about four times in the last month. I guess we'll all look like something out of a time warp when this bloody pandemic is over!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Treaders,
      I thought I was the only one who cut her hair multiple times to get what she wanted/like/could stand! The electrician's wife is a beautician. He laughed about Covid haircuts.

      Delete
  6. It is no fun being tired.
    It is one of the 'chief complaints' presenting to a physician.

    ReplyDelete

Halloween Decorations

 Saturday night, we started decorating for Halloween. I found the ghosts to hang from the dogwood tree. They were wadded and wrinkled, so th...