Wednesday, March 10, 2021

No Nap Tuesday and Garden Thoughts

 Tuesday is a red-letter day. I still feel awful and did not sleep well, but not once have a felt the need for a nap. Of course, I have done nothing, either. 

In a few minutes I will start dinner. We are having more of the chicken quarters that I served last night along with Brussels sprouts, and potatoes baked with the Concord herb mix.  I think I will have a salad--Italian mix with tomatoes.  I had no more frozen Brussels sprouts. I had thrown in lots of baby carrots in the oil and herb mixture. So, It is chicken, potatoes, carrots and tomatoes. 

Since being tired is my only symptom, I went to Publix for 2 bogo grape tomatoes, one 3/$10 salad mix, $0.99 for 1 lb baby carrots and bought two bags, coffee for Tommy, and ice cream because it was there and bogo. I only got one ice cream and two tomatoes. Oh, we went to the bread store, too.  

When we arrived home, I was not totally exhausted like I usually am, not even tired at all. 

I had had to cancel dentist appointment and cleaning this week, missed getting mail last week, and other appointments. We are rescheduling lunch in the park with Tommy's cousin and my other appointments. 

Tommy's appointment is in April and 50 miles away. My doctor has not gotten confirmation of when he is getting Moderna, but still expects to get the shipment. ???

We are returning to the general decluttering and cleaning around here. There is nothing around here but fun and games. We have the box of clothes hangers still, waiting to donate to a person or group.  

Kim from Out My Window suggested the hiccups were related to shingles. According to nih.gov, yes, hiccups is related to shingles! As a matter of fact, every last symptom I have can be related to shingles! 

If I can handle the activity, I will be cutting my hair and Tommy's today. But, I may need a nap before noon. My phone was on all night and two calls woke me. I hate the sound of the phone when I am asleep or trying to go to sleep.

Wednesday will definitely be a nap day. 

How are your garden preps going? Mine are still in my head but I need to check the cabbage growing and get out my seeds.

10 comments:

  1. Well, that's interesting that shingles causes hiccups. Are you taking any medication for shingles? Seems like when my sister had it they gave her something to try to help with the symptoms.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I told the ENT that I was not having symptoms at the visit. So, I suppose he thought I needed nothing. Right now, I am working on getting an appointment to get an antiviral. Every episode is worse and this has been going on since at least June.

      Delete
  2. If I recall correctly (I may be wrong), my primary care doctor prescribed 14 days of gabapentin when I had a severe case of shingles on the left side of my torso.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hubby has tilled the garden spot twice this week in preparation for planting. He put out a few onion sets yesterday. He's had a terrible time finding strawberries, but finally found a friend of a friend who was ordering in large quantity so will be getting some from him.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Alice,
      Oooh, strawberries! That will be a great harvest! I was going to plant atraberries, but The squirrels got all the tomatoes and squash, so I am going to conquer those first--squirrels and tomatoes.

      Delete
  4. You might need to contact your primary care doctor about your shingles

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hope you are doing okay. I checked for your blog yesterday morning and this morning. (Thur. and Fri.) I usually see one most every day. Hope all is well. Take care.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Crystal,
      Not so much, but nothing to report. Still the same.

      Delete

Halloween Decorations

 Saturday night, we started decorating for Halloween. I found the ghosts to hang from the dogwood tree. They were wadded and wrinkled, so th...