Saturday, April 3, 2021

1977 Easter

 



Yes, you have seen this picture before. This is a rerun post. 

The picture above was taken on a cold, drizzly March day. We went to a Craft Show in town just before Easter. She was dressed  warmly in shoes, socks, jeans, and a shirt and sweater. When I saw this cute picture-taking event, I remembered the new outfit I had just bought her, one of her few ever bought pieces of clothing.

I went out in the rain, got the bag, and changed her for the photo. All the other kids were told by the parents to stand beside the giant bunny and the photo was snapped. It was a one-shot deal. I thought I could do better, so I said, "Alana, hug the bunny." She did as she was told and this was the precious photo. You know what I love the best?....her precious, curled little toes as she stood on tippy toes to hug. Ah, and the slight smile is so cute to me. Other mothers were wishing they had changed their children's clothes.

The way she followed directions impressed me. She did not try to wrestle the gigantic bunny  into  a bear hug and obviously was not capable of giving it a full-on hug. She just put her hands around the bunny only as far as she could and kept her face visible. When I took her picture, she always seemed very natural, not forcing a smile.

I never told her to smile! 

What are your favorite pictures of your child?



16 comments:

  1. My favorite is of my son leaning in to taste a candy cane but not touching as he was told. Sweet picture of your daughter. My older daughter has a similar name often mispronounced like your daughters.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. SAM,
      That does sound like a cute picture of your son. Yes, for years some people never got it right.

      Delete
  2. That is such a sweet picture!

    Have a wonderful day.

    ReplyDelete
  3. That really is a lovely picture isn't it. Oh where does the time go?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Treaders,
      I think it is lovely! I ask myself all the time--how does time pass so quickly.

      Delete
  4. What a sweet picture and what happy memories!
    Hope you have a nice Easter!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Kathy,
      Thanks and very happy memories. I hope your Easter is memorable.

      Delete
  5. Happy Easter! What a sweet picture. Take care and have a wonderful day.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Happy Easter, Crystal. Thanks for reading today. Dinner will be done in about 30 minutes. I can smell it.

      Delete
  6. I wish I could pin point my favorite. I have literally thousands and thousands of photos of my four kids. I just keep taking them!
    The photo of your daughter is adorable!
    Happy Easter!

    ReplyDelete

Halloween Decorations

 Saturday night, we started decorating for Halloween. I found the ghosts to hang from the dogwood tree. They were wadded and wrinkled, so th...