Monday, April 19, 2021

At the Dentist

At the dentist office I went to the bathroom before I sat down to wait for the receptionist to invite me back to have my teeth cleaned.  As I came to sit down, I spotted a coin--a dime. I sort of exclaimed--Oh, a dime as I moved to pick it up. A woman sitting closer to the dime said that dime could have been hers if she had seen it.  We both laughed. But, I had it. 

After my cleaning I received two toothbrushes instead of one, tiny container of dental floss, and a small tube of toothpaste. The dental floss is mint, so I am saving it for my Pink Purse project. I think the toothpaste is what caused severe gum pain. I am so thrilled with two toothbrushes since I cannot find these for sale--Soft GUM. One was a pretty lime color and one was a pretty yellow.  

Tommy was sort of insulted I wanted the sink washed AGAIN. But, around 11 pm Sunday night he wandered off and scrubbed it. When he got back I asked him if he didn't feel better about having done a good job. No, he said his back and hands hurt. But, the sink shone mightily. He does enjoy what I cook. I suppose buying a pizza or hamburger would keep the sink clean!

Sunday, I did my marching exercise twice in two hours. Here, at the end of the day, my feet are barely swollen.  Now, I just need to do it more often each day like my plan was. I am still at 90 seconds of marching. So, keeping my feet up, exercising, and getting more sleep helps. My sodium intake is low, so lowering it is probably not possible.

Monday

Only one of us did any work today. And, it was not me. I awoke at 8:30 after a long, good, hard sleep. By 10 am I was exhausted from sitting. By 11:15 I was back in bed, telling Tommy to wake me at 1 pm. He did. And, he woke me at 1:30 and 2 pm. Finally, I got up at 2:30 pm.

While I was watching TV when I awoke, I was so cold. So, I picked up a heavy fleece jacket and zipped it up. When I went to bed, my intention was to take it off. Instead, I got into bed with the jacket on and covered up with a quilt and a comforter. When I finally got up, I was having chills.  98.9F temp and my normal is 97.2. It is just enough to make me feel yucky. 

But, we went into the driveway and I cut his hair. I cut it sitting on my walker, and the first thing I did was to completely cut off one side burn, clear to the skin. I left a stubble on the other sideburn. About halfway through, he said it felt so good to get the weight off. lol 

I know what my illness is--my chest. I have had a dry cough and then productive. I know this will be gone in three days, but I hate it. 

After I got up from my lengthy nap, Tommy started telling me all he did--washed my clothes, put some in dryer, and got them out, watered my plant that was not looking too healthy, made his lunch (cheese sandwich), got the mail and something else. Now, I have dinner to make and clothes to either hang or fold. 

So, This probably means I cannot get the second Covid shot. But, I was told it should be done before six weeks, so all is not lost. 

I did 30 seconds of my exercise just to keep it for another day. I am afraid I will regress if I don't exercise at all.

The weather is beautiful today, mid 70s, sunshine and few clouds. Is your weather pretty? Do you ever use clippers for cutting hair? I think I need to watch a video again. 

8 comments:

  1. I had to laugh when you said you cut his side burn off..LOL. During the Covid lockdown here I gave my husband a "haircut" and I did good until I got to the bottom by his neck and I slipped with the razor. Thankfully he never noticed he had a bald spot there for a while ...LOL..

    Are you sure you don't have Covid? That's how mine started in 2020.. Low fever but enough to make me feel pretty sick because my normal temp runs pretty low, a dry cough that took a few days to become productive.. I hope you feel better soon XO

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Robyn,
      I laughed because I have not pointed out that I mostly "skinned" a place in the back at the bottom.

      This is a thing with me. I have chronic bronchitis. I should have started guaifenesin a few days ago before the maliase and fever. Now, my knees hurt and my elbows. My joints hurt when ill. Thanks for asking.

      Delete
  2. I have been cutting my husbands hair for years. He is bald on top! I have a thing about older men with “Andy Rooney” eyebrows so I always like to trim his eyebrows. One time I slipped (and not on purpose) and cut off the entire back half of one eyebrow! I laughed so hard but he got really mad at me! We still laugh about it but he doesn’t let me get close to either eyebrows!
    Hope you feel good to get your next covid shot!
    Pat/Texas

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. jpark22,
      Tommy last time said I cut it a little too short on top, so I worried about that and now it is a little too long! If he were bald, there would be no problem! My hairdresser cut a plug out of my eyebrow as she trimmed my bangs. So, you like the long eyebrows?
      I hope I feel well, but I will see. Thanks.

      Delete
  3. Good for you to keep up the exercising. Like I keep telling my mom, every little bit helps. I cut my dh's hair too....well, what little is left of it, haha.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Weather is quite lovely spring is the best time for temperature.

    ReplyDelete

Halloween Decorations

 Saturday night, we started decorating for Halloween. I found the ghosts to hang from the dogwood tree. They were wadded and wrinkled, so th...