Sunday, April 18, 2021

Stupid Frugal Purchase

 Bananas are at the top of the grocery list most days I go to the store. Actually, bananas were the only thing on the list today. I wanted to go to a store I rarely shop. As I went in, I glanced in the reduced cart where I saw Community Coffee, 12 oz. bags for $1.50.  The catch? It was about 2 weeks past the best by date. I called Tommy who was in the car and he said to get it. So, I did, 3 bags. 

It was whole bean, not ground! I have no coffee grinder, nor does he! I had a nice KitchenAid, and want another. 

Then, I came to bananas. There was a five-pound bag for $1. Yes, I got it. They look pretty good, not many black spots. Slaw mix and pasta shells were the only other things I brought home. 

I can barely tell my shoulder was sore. At this point I am still petting it along a bit. Tommy said he could tell it really hurt me. I can now turn my head. 

Today, we play barber shop in the driveway. Tommy's hair looks like a hippie's. While there is nothing wrong with that, he is not the hippie type. So, he procrastinated! A haircut is on the agenda for tomorrow.

Dinner tonight will be leftover baked chicken and carrots along with cabbage that is cooking.

Have you gone back to your hairdresser and shop for a haircut yet? 

9 comments:

  1. I'd gladly use three bags of beans up- that might last me 6 weeks for coffee. I have a list of appts. to make after shot 2, and hair is on the list.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. SAM,
      He will, too, but no coffee grinder is going to nix that. I am going to see if the store has a grinder. I, too, have a list of appointments I will make for doctors.

      Delete
  2. neither of us get our hair cut any more. I am not paying that kind of money for a hair cut. Hubby's hair is mid back, not a hippy by any means. My is just about my hips.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Chef,
      Tommy's hair is about four inches long at the nape of the neck. If he would wash his hair regularly, it would be fine. My hair is only to my shoulders.

      Delete
  3. I have had a standing, every four weeks, appointment with my hairdresser for 10 years! And then the pandemic...I have had 3 hair cuts in the past year. I look like a shaggy dog but since we still aren't going out, who cares!?!
    Tomorrow I see my orthopedist. I called for this appointment last September and they kept changing it.
    This must be the new normal!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Jan,
      I had an appointment once a month for years to have just a haircut, no washing or styling. Then, she had to quit. My hair has been a disaster since them, even more so the last year.
      My first appointment will be with a cardiologist. They want me to come in, but I delay. I will not go in for another month, my choice.

      Delete
  4. I'm sure the coffee is still good past the date, does a neighbor or friend have a coffee grinder you could borrow - or maybe find one at a thrift store.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. One,
      I am quite sure it is good. I don't know the neighbors and Tommy would not allow me to ask even if I would ask. There are no electric carts in thrift stores. I suppose I will buy one.

      Delete
  5. In was in the midst of changing hair styles last February anyway, then had back surgery at the end of that month. So I thought it would be a good time to continue the transition while I was on medical leave. Then the pandemic hit. I have been for a couple of shape-ups because one side was much longer than the other. But that's about it.

    I found a pretty inexpensive grinder on Amazon! Not sure if the link will come through, but it's only 13.99. Coffee beans are typically a better value than buying them already ground. So while this may not seem cheaper, over time, I'm sure it will be.

    https://www.amazon.com/AmazonBasics-Electric-Coffee-Grinder-Black/dp/B07SYCY2Q5/ref=sr_1_6?dchild=1&keywords=coffee+grinder&qid=1618854450&refinements=p_36%3A1253523011&rnid=386465011&s=home-garden&sr=1-6

    ReplyDelete

Halloween Decorations

 Saturday night, we started decorating for Halloween. I found the ghosts to hang from the dogwood tree. They were wadded and wrinkled, so th...