Thursday, April 1, 2021

Hard Wednesday

 Wednesday, Kim came to clean. After 3 hours, she still had not finished the kitchen. So, she will work on it next week. She uses 3 paper towels at a time! Eeek! I had plenty of cleaning rags. But, next time, I will put them closer. 

I had turned on the dishwasher before she came. However, there were items on the counter that should have gone into the dishwasher.  Oh well. Happy day anyway!

There are lids for the pyrex that I did not want in the dishwasher or for her to wash. So, there are plenty of dishes for me to take care of tomorrow. The kitchen looks neater and brighter. 

Tommy's little breakfast table did not get cleaned. The floor did not get mopped. However, the window sill, walls, and wall behind the stove is sparkly clean. She cleaned the crisper where blood from chicken ran. I took all the vegetables out so I could store possibly leaky 3 package of chicken in a place where blood would not ruin everything. 

One day, Tommy put a package of frozen chicken on top of everything on the top shelf in the refrigerator. He said there was no room on the bottom shelf where I told him to place it. Thankfully, I found it an hour later. He did not think it was a big deal where he stored it in the refrigerator because it was frozen. ???

After she left, the guy from the study in which I am participating came and wore me out! But, it is all over. He thought I misunderstood the fact he wanted me to squeeze a grip. No, I just cannot squeeze much. 

So, from 11:30 until 4:30, I was up and on my feet or sitting which hurts my back, too. 

Wednesday, it has rained hard on and off. Now, it 50F outdoors. And, it feels chilly.  Tonight, we are having baked chicken and a salad.  Tommy wants bbq sauce on his chicken. Okay, I could not find a chicken breast for me, so I had salad only. I put too much Russian Dressing on it and kept choking...lol. But, it was delicious.

Thursday

Wednesday night,  I slept from 10:30 pm until after 8 am. I will explain tomorrow. Right now, I am off for an eye exam. I srongly expect I will need a new prescription.

12 comments:

  1. Whenever I put something frozen to thaw in the fridge, I put a plate under to catch the draining, haha. That's great your cleaning lady came and made some progress and I'm sure makes things much easier on you guys, especially after she gets things caught up with cleaning.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. One,
      I usually have used a plate or a small cookie sheet. I have cupped a piece of foil underneath. But, the refrigerator was so full of milk and other food that I just put it in the crisper. I rarely thaw three package of chicken, two very large. The counters look so clean and uncluttered. Tommy and I still have work to do. And, we feel like we can maintain it.

      Delete
  2. My cleaning lady uses paper towels also, but she brings her own (most of the time). The last cleaning lady used Norwex cloths only.

    Glad your lady came and got some good work done! It's easier to tidy up and keep it clean once it gets clean. So much harder to start when so much needs to be done. I totally understand that.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Alice, I will have to look up Norwich. I will have a pile of rags of all textures for her to use next time. Maybe we can keep it up. The problem is my back won't handle the standing. Most of the time was spent on the stove. The microwave was barely dirty, but I had her do it because I cannot lean and stand at the same time...lol.

      Delete
  3. She may prefer disposable products during covid, and not want to risk potential cross spreading, just in case. It sounds like progress is being made.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. SAM,
      I don't think that is it since she only wore a mask because I wanted her to do so. Now, we just have to keep it in shape.

      Delete
  4. I think some people prefer paper towels because they are germ free. I don't know why but some people feel clean, reusable cloths are teeming with germs. You will be able to find the Norwich cloths on Amazon. I've thought of buying some myself but will wait until the microfibre cloths I have now get a bit worn out. I'm glad you were pleased with the cleaning. It always feels so great when things are clean.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Joyful,
      She was not to the point we were going for germ-free. She was still getting it clean. I can see using something for the last swipe or drying. Next time, I will have many types of cloths for her to use. I even had Clorox wipes and Lysol wipes she could use. I looked up the Norwich cloths.

      Delete
  5. I had two days in a row only about 4 hours of sleep total. The first night I had been unable to sleep, then on the following day I had a fairly early Dr appointment where I had to get up at 7:45 am to be ready to go in time. I had gotten about two hours sleep before the alarm went off. I was nervous about the appointment. It was with an Ear Nose and throat doctor. I have been hoarse since January. I knew it was going to involve a tube down my throat, but it turned out to be up my nose and then the same tube down my throat. My nose and throat were numb but when the doctor got to a certain point I started gagging. I could see the video of the tour of my throat and vocal chords. When we were done with the tube, he had found that I have a cyst on my vocal chord and also thrush in my throat from my asthma medicine. He prescribed medicine for the thrush, but if I am still hoarse after the medicine, I will need surgery to get rid of the cyst. My throat has been hurting since the procedure. Anyway here I am at 640 am still awake and exhausted. I really don't like it when my sleep time gets messed up. I won't be going to any more early doctor appointments unless it is an emergency. I couldn't think or remember names of medicine I was taking or anything. My husband went with me, and I am glad he did, because I didn't remember some of the information the doctor gave me. My husband said he couldn't believe it when I couldn't remember the name of one of the medicines I am on, that never happens. I told him that it really messes up my thinking ability when I don't get enough sleep.

    It sounds like the cleaning lady worked out pretty well for you. I hate it when chicken blood leaks in the refrigerator. I use folded paper grocery bags to line the bottom of my refrigerator crisper drawers. They work pretty well for vegetable juice, but I doubt if they would stand up to a leaky chicken.

    Happy Spring!

    ReplyDelete
  6. susie,
    I can barely remember my name when I have not slept enough. Tommy is surprised when I cannot remember things after sleep deprivation! I hate early appointments anywhere. When I went to UAB, I refused to schedule a class before noon. However, I did take one summer class that was from 8 am to 12 am. I had to leave home 1.5 hours before class began. So, I was a zombie and it was a physical science class. ugh But, I made a B. All my other classes started at 1 pm. But, I had to have a science class and had nothing else to take in my major, so I sucked it up and did it for six weeks.

    She did a good job. I had two huge packages of chicken and one pack of bscb, so there was not enough room in the refrigerator to put it in a pan and then in refrigerator. At least I kept the blood from the other food. I rarely have grocery bags, but that is a good idea.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I saw a suggestion recently where someone said they put the Press 'N Seal plastic wrap on their refrigerator shelves and drawers to line them. Wipe up wet spills and then peel it off and apply new. Cuts down on scrubbing. But then you still have to take the shelf out (I suppose) to put the wrap on. It's a trade off for sure. I guess you can pick your battles on that one.

      Delete
    2. Alice,
      I have read that covering the shelves cuts down on circulation and cooling. I don't know.

      Delete

Halloween Decorations

 Saturday night, we started decorating for Halloween. I found the ghosts to hang from the dogwood tree. They were wadded and wrinkled, so th...