Wednesday, May 5, 2021

Amazon Deliveries and The Smell of Coffee

Dinner Tuesday night was baked chicken, cole slaw and tomatoes. Wednesday night will be cole slaw and green beans with bbq chicken.  I love knowing dinner is cooked when I awake in the morning!

Amazon delivered several things Tuesday. One was a bag for under my walker. But, Tommy saw it and thought it was for him. He was so happy.  So, I gave it to him. When I examined the new bag and then the old, torn up one, I realized why the old one tore up--the material was cheap. 

He paid $150. + for the walker, so it should have had a sturdier bag underneath. My walker was free from a childhood friend of his who goes to his church. It had a metal basket that is not conducive to folding.  Now that I know this bag seems to be of good quality, I will buy one for my walker. 

We now have a coffee bean grinder. I ground one of the three bags I found reduced and filled a wide-mouth quart canning jar to the top so it had to be shaken down and pressed down. So, that is in the dark of the cabinet for when he finishes the last bit of his present can of coffee. Two other items came, but that is for later. 

Coffee smells so delicious but does not live up to expectations when I have tasted it.  I know I did smell it every day of my life for twenty years. Daddy never missed his coffee in the morning and girls at college drank coffee, too. The smell of coffee makes me very hungry. I don't know if it is just the smell of coffee or the association with having breakfast with a coffee smell growing up. Does anyone else love the smell of coffee but not the taste?

16 comments:

  1. Replies
    1. Anne,
      Thanks. I know there are many like you. I just cannot figure out why it smells so good to me and is distasteful to drink.

      Delete
  2. I've been drinking coffee since I was 7 or 8 years old. I have fond memories of sitting with Mom and Granny drinking it at Granny's kitchen table- of course, it was half milk and usually a homemade sugar cookie to dip. My dad made a percolator pot of coffee every morning- we always laughed because Dad would pour it into his saucer to cool- no mugs back then. I never ever saw him drink coffee other than 7 AM in the morning when he got up. Now I only have a cup a day with a splash of half and half but I still enjoy it a lot- the smell is OK; nothing I think much about.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Nan,
      What a sweet memory. We were not allowed to drink coffee, and I am the only one who still does not drink coffee. The smell is so overwhelming, but in a nice way, to me. I don't think we ever had mugs, just cups. Thanks.

      Delete
  3. I love the smell of coffee but do not enjoy the taste. I don't care much for hot drinks unless it is very cold outside.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Lori,
      So, I am not the only one who loves the smell and not the taste of coffee. I am like Jay Leno--I do not drink hot drinks of any kind in any weather. I will drink hot chocolate because it is chocolate. However, then I need ice water to get the taste out of my mouth and calm my stomach. Thanks.

      Delete
  4. I love the smell of coffee too (and baked bread) but I can't say the taste of either of them does much for me.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Treaders,
      Well, I love the smell and taste of baked bread, but do not need the bread.

      Delete
  5. Yes, for years I loved the smell but not the taste. Then, while working in an office, I started drinking it....and still do. We love, love, love Amazon here. We are constantly ordering things and looking for our deliveries. It spoils me for all other stores because they deliver so quickly.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Anne,
      I have worked places where people drank coffee, but I still abstained. Yes, Amazon is such a joy around here.

      Delete
  6. When I got genealogical testing thru DNA I found out I was not likely to like coffee. It seems to be your DNA will determine whether you like coffee. And I don't drink coffee but agree it has a pleasant smell.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Carole,
      How very interesting! What DNA site did you use? I suppose our genes determine more than we think.

      Delete
  7. I used Ancestry.com. The basic information is strictly related to ethnic background, but I also got the health option that tells health related things. I understand that Twenty Three and Me goes into the health end of things in more depth. There are many health related things that can be predicted by your DNA.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Carole,
      Thanks. I have always wondered what the difference was between the two.

      Delete
  8. I love to drink coffee but I think I like the smell even more. It's easy to like if you add sugar and then you can reduce the sugar and still love the coffee

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. kylie,
      That is what I have heard, but the hot, sugary drink is not for me. Black coffee is what I would drink if I drank coffee.

      Delete

Halloween Decorations

 Saturday night, we started decorating for Halloween. I found the ghosts to hang from the dogwood tree. They were wadded and wrinkled, so th...