Sunday, May 30, 2021

Finally!

I made the Strawberry Poke Cake with some fresh strawberries in the cake for good measure. Right now, I am waiting for the Cool Whip to thaw. 

Saturday night, I had cabbage and strawberries, but not together. Tommy had a full meal, but I forgot what because I was asleep. 

The temperature has been in 90s Saturday and today and predicted for several more days this week. 

I still have things to do. We could not find the ribs in the big freezer, so we will have something and be happy about it. I do know I will have potato salad and cole slaw and Strawberry Poke Cake. 

Okay, I made the poke cake this afternoon. Tommy was saying "mmm" as he was eating it even though he objected to my description when I first mentioned it months ago, saying it did not sound good and sounded awful. So there!

How was your Sunday? Are you going anywhere on Memorial Day? What are you having to eat on Memorial Day? 

10 comments:

  1. Staying home. We went to graves on Sunday. Hubby went to Menards this morning to get the stuff for some projects around the house.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Chef,
      My parents always had a project for warm holidays.

      Delete
  2. Strawberry poke cake sounds like something my dh would like. I'll have to look up a recipe and try.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. One,
      Cake, poke holes, pour Jello made with one cup boiling water, refrigerate, Cool Whip on top. Done! I think he will like it.

      Delete
  3. One of my grandmothers always make Strawberry Poke Cake. I haven't had that in years. I remember it being so refreshing on a hot day. I may have to make one. Enjoy your day!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Lori,
      I don't think I have made this in over 20 years ago, maybe longer. I intend to do little today...lol.

      Delete
  4. We stay home and enjoy the quiet left by everyone else gone. We have always done the same especially when we lived closer (suburb) to the cities. I have a rack of pork ribs in the oven and will have with corn on the cob and cucumbers with sour cream dressing. I have never made poke cake but I have eaten it many years ago. We were visiting my ex's Aunt and Uncle in Iowa and she had made one. It was the 4th of July weekend and it was very light and refreshing for a cake. I should try making one this summer also. It sounds good. Otherwise we often have angel food cake during the summer with fresh whipped cream. Yum. Ranee (MN)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Rae,
      I never have a desire to go much of anyplace on most holidays. The ribs sound great. The poke cake is surprisingly light, sort of amazing. This summer, at least once, I am going to have angel food cake with fresh peaches.

      Delete
  5. I love poke cake and we are going out today this mama is tired of cooking!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Kim,
      Good for you. It is just the two of us here, so I will cook, but not much! I actually feel like a bit of cooking.

      Delete

Halloween Decorations

 Saturday night, we started decorating for Halloween. I found the ghosts to hang from the dogwood tree. They were wadded and wrinkled, so th...