Friday, May 28, 2021

Recipe

 Okay, here is the recipe for Seven Layer Cookie Bar. My recipe for Go Go Bars is similar. 

Go Go bars only had graham cracker crumbs, chocolate chips, Eagle Brand Sweetened Milk (whole can), and unsweetened coconut. Someone gave me this recipe over the phone in the 70s. Or, maybe I coipied it from a magazine.

It might have had butter, but I don't remember that. I know it did not have nuts or butterscotch chips. That could have been what was preferred by me or mine. 

I cannot find unsweetened coconut anywhere. I might just order it from Amazon. I might have to buy a coconut and grate it myself. Have you ever had freshly grated coconut? My mother grated all the coconut we ever used. We got to nibble chunks of coconut and drink the milk. I read that someone on the internet said to pour the milk out. What? 


10 comments:

  1. Replies
    1. Kim,
      Coconut canned/frozen/bagged today is nothing like fresh coconut. I thought I was allergic to it so spent a few years not eating it. I was allergic to the pineapple!

      Delete
  2. You can find unsweetened coconut shreds locally at sprouts whole foods and trader Joes. You can also find it at just about any health food grocery.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I don't always use the butterscotch chips either. So I guess I technically make 6 layer cookie bars? I buy Bob's Red Mill unsweetened coconut. You should be able to find it in the flour section of the store. Have a great weekend!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Lori,
      The person who gave me the recipe must not have used the butterscotch, either. I will look for shredded coconut from Bob's Red Mill. Thanks. Have a sunny weekend.

      Delete
  4. I love the name of this item. Go go bars !

    ReplyDelete

Halloween Decorations

 Saturday night, we started decorating for Halloween. I found the ghosts to hang from the dogwood tree. They were wadded and wrinkled, so th...