Sunday, May 23, 2021

Saturday Post I Deleted

So, another post completed and then it disappeared. It was late Saturday night. I determined I would never blog again. That is how badly it bothered me. So, here is Saturday if I can remember it. None of this is in order of what we did. 

The plan was to go straight to the optometrist to get the little pads on my nosepiece changed. I am allergic to the ones that come with the glasses. So, I am wearing the old frames and lens. Well, the internet had information that said the business was open on Saturday. NO, it is not. I get very discouraged with incorrect information about businesses. I could have called but we left here before they opened, so I didn't. It is too bad businesses do not update their web pages. 

I love the Saturday Farmer's Market at the Festhalle. We have several markets but this one is about four blocks from my old house. My favorite farmer was there, the one that sells sweet potatoes I love. I bought a basket of strawberries for $13 but he gave it to me for $12. Sunday night, I finally washed and trimmed them and have them in the refrigerator. 

There is no resisting a good fried apple or peach pie. But, I will never buy another one from this vendor. It had too much dough and little apples. I ended up eating off the side to get the fruit and throwing away all the outside. Yuck! $5 wasted. Tommy ate all of his so maybe it was only $2.50 wasted. 

A woman had all sorts of plants. I can never find Autumn Sedum Joy, so I bought one from her--$4. And, a tomato plant--$2. I forgot to ask what variety, so it will be a surprise. 

Finally, I came across eggs. I asked a few questions before I bought them. Have these been washed? Have they been refrigerated? When I got a negative answer to both questions, I bought a dozen for $4. The man started talking. It turns out he is in a program at The Foundry. It is a place for drug and alcohol rehab. He now loves chickens since they have him working in their chicken house. He was so happy with his job and "his" chickens. It was a pleasure to talk with him and the guy who was his driver. I am not sure if they are only at the market on Saturday or not. Oh, not that it matters, but these were large, dark brown eggs, beautiful. 

Last Thursday, when we went to the lake in the city, I got a $2.69 chicken breast from the Publix deli. We shared it as we watched ducks. Well, it was so dry! So, Saturday, I took the receipt  back and got my money back and bought another to take to the lake. At the lake are 19 pavilions that can be rented. Saturday, I think all were rented with lots of birthday parties being held. 

There were travel trailers pulled by pickups at the back of the lake. Pedal boats and row boats were on the lake, rented from the concession stand. It was a jumping day at the lake. Plus, there were lots of walkers on the paved path around the lake. And, the train was running that circles the lake. Fishing is $2. There is  a section marked off for fishing only. Putt putt is $3. Plus, there is a splash pad. We had a very good day at the lake.

My friend with the lumber was away from home and could not come to his new home to give me more. It will happen. On Friday, I gave my carpenter more lumber for my project, so everything will work out. 

We went to a store where I can cherry pick deals. There were no deals. Nada. 

We went to my house like we usually do. It is still there, the lot, that is. 

Sunday night, I had the rest of the baked chicken and strawberries with milk for my dinner. Tommy fixed his own from a can of beef stew while I napped and then he had strawberries and milk, too. 

I am so afraid I am going to lose this post!

6 comments:

  1. Hooray! You didn’t lose it! It has happened to me mostly with comments, just at the point when I am finished writing it and ready to publish it, but it has not happened with whole posts.

    I was wondering if the lake you are talking about is Smith Lake. Sometimes people from First Baptist Gardendale (where my daughter’s family attended before they moved to another part of the state) go there.

    I’m happy for you that you found your sweet potato guy.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Nope you didn't loose your post (this time), but it's a bugger when you do isn't it!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Treaders,
      I am so happy it posted instead of my deleting it. Someone told me the keys to use to retrieve it, but I forgot them. I was highly discouraged.

      Delete
  3. It is very frustrating when things don't work period. I am sorry you lost your post.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Kim,
      I was so tired. And, we had such a good day! It was painful to have it end that way.

      Delete

Halloween Decorations

 Saturday night, we started decorating for Halloween. I found the ghosts to hang from the dogwood tree. They were wadded and wrinkled, so th...