Monday, June 7, 2021

Monday Doings--Asthma, Air Fryer, Knee, Shingles

Bed has been my friend! For the last week, I have been fighting what I believed was bronchitis settling into my lungs. Well, maybe it does not settle, but I have been feeling it. I have elevated temp by 2 degrees.

I have used inhalers, otc guaifenisen, and rest, but it hangs on and is getting worse...as in asthma attack. I slept little Sunday night and slept late on Monday. I can stay up about two hours and then collapse in the bed and sleep for hours. All this rest is good for my knee as it is not quite so tender and painful. My eardrums are killing me! Shingles is back on head and outer ear. I am miserable!

Monday morning I did not have enough milk because I had milk Sunday night. About 6 pm we went to Publix and Tommy went in.

I had him get one half gallon of milk, well, 59 ounces. They did not have 2% in a2milk, so he bought whole milk. I only wanted him to get one. This is the first time he has gone in a grocery store in over a year.  We won't do this again. I felt so awful I did not even comb my hair and knew I would struggle even to drive the electric cart. Oh, I could have driven it--right into displays and people!

We went to Burger King and had a meal of Whopper Jr., little bit of fries, and drink. That made me feel so much better. Now, several hours later, I am still hungry, so while I have the strength I will go in and fix something else to eat, like maybe chicken noodle soup. I throw out the noodles.

While eating in the park, I told Tommy he needed to come and help me get meat out of the freezer as soon as we got home. The only reason I need him is for potential avalanches! Luckily, all he had to do was wait for me to take two packages of ground beef from the freezer. Tomorrow, I will find bell peppers and make meat loaf. I want to make the cheeseburger meatloaf, too. I took out two packages of meat. 

The park was a bright, fun spot when we watched people and birds! 

We got the air fryer out and tried to see why the cooking unit will not go back into the heating unit. No clue! So, I suppose I will contact the manufacturer. After asking Tommy for months to get it out and look at it, he finally did when I told him to do it now! 

I was informed of a place to get free lunch in Cullman, a new place and the same place that had dinners for elders and children...no dinners there now, and now lunch. They called me.

When I go check my mail this week, I will get my covid antibody test. I am anxious to know the result. Hopefully, the excessive rain will let up. Otherwise, we will not be out and about. 

16 comments:

  1. I am sorry you are feeling bad. Hopefully tomorrow will be better.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Anne,
      I should feel better tomorrow. At least, we had a good time at the park watching people and birds...lol.

      Delete
  2. You're in the wars! I'm glad the knee is resting, that's one thing less to worry you.
    I hope things improve soon

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. kylie,
      I am calling a doctor today. Thanks, I hope so, too.

      Delete
  3. Maybe you need antibiotics or something. Hope you are feeling better really soon.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hope you're feeling better. Grandson's birthday was yesterday so we all went out to eat- my first time in a restaurant since February 2020. It was packed too so guess a lot of folks are helping with the restaurant trade. Do you have a senior citizen center where you live? We have an active one here but since I still work, I haven't visited. They even provide free transportation, lunches and lots of fun activities. Leftovers from the restaurant on my menu today- tomorrow I think I'll make tuna salad whoopee LOL.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Nan,
    I have not been out in a restaurant since January 2020! The birthday celebration really was a celebration for you. The senior center in my town was not anything I really wanted to do at 8 am. Tommy checked out the one a few blocks from his house and found a couple of really old men playing cards. No one at a senior center around here provides rides. The meals are things anyone with diabetes or high blood pressure should be eating. Plus, they are things like potato flakes rehydrated. But, my friend in Huntsville and her husband found some really nice senior centers. I am thinking about making tuna salad, too.

    ReplyDelete
  6. You have got a lot going wrong in your body right now- I sure hope you feel better soon❤️

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Rhonda,
      And, I did not sleep, so it miserable. I called the doctor.

      Delete
  7. Oh sounds miserable! Hope you are better soon.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Shingled can last for a long g time and resurface and I am sure that is why you are feeling so lousy, I am sorry wish I was closer i would bring in some meals.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Kim,
      This is almost a year! I can move closer for food...lol. That is sweet of you to say. I eat like a missionary!

      Delete
  9. I am a time traveler from the future.
    Not to be worrying about the knees- things get better.

    ReplyDelete

Halloween Decorations

 Saturday night, we started decorating for Halloween. I found the ghosts to hang from the dogwood tree. They were wadded and wrinkled, so th...