Saturday, June 5, 2021

If it is not one thing, it's another!

 Somehow, Friday, I hurt my knee. I don't remember now. I think I just sat with it crooked. It is not getting better, just worse. I still did my marching. I marched for five minutes twice yesterday. Then, I just marched one minute, waited a bit and marched for another minute. 

Twice today, I have gone in to lie in the bed and rest my knee. Both times I went to sleep. But, since I had Tommy get me after one hour, I did not sleep away the day, just rested. 

Saturday, we were going to Cullman to get my mail, but that was postponed because of my knee. Of course, I was planning to get more eggs and strawberries. 

Dinner was hard to manage even though I only made a salad with Romaine, carrots, and tomatoes and microwaved chicken for a minute. Oh, forgot, we did have mac n cheese since there were no other carbs in the meal. 

Today, I re-learned a lesson. The mac n cheese was three weeks over the best by date. And, it was awful. Years ago, I learned this, but I suppose I forgot. Since we don't have this Kraft treat often, this was the last box. It is the cheese that goes off. It loses color and taste.

Friday night's dinner made a good meal on Saturday, too. Unfortunately, I will have to cook on Sunday! Maybe meatloaf? 

So, there is nothing happening here! Anything happening at your house?

14 comments:

  1. I hope your knee is feeling better. It's a cloudy, rainy day here today so I'll be doing things around the house. I want to bake something but can't decide what. Have a great Sunday.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Lori,
      Cloudy here, too, on Saturday, and now on Sunday. I would bake chocolate!

      Delete
  2. Not much going on here either but I quite like empty days! x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Anne,
      Not much going on is nice some days. The full ones are sometimes too much...lol.

      Delete
  3. Mrs RWP and I are visiting your fair state this week, about an hour east of Montgomery, otherwise known as THE MIDDLE OF NOWHERE!....I’m joking — it is very nice here between Sylacauga and Opelika, and the light traffic (as compared to metro Atlanta) is a definite plus, a real chance to unwind and decompress. Best of all, we are with our daughter and her family.

    Did you ever get around to trying the watermelon with mustard?

    ReplyDelete
  4. I hope your knee feels better real soon. Resting with it slightly raised up is always good. Its winter time here so we are indoors with the fire roaring but at least its warm & cosy. Take care 😊

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Julie,
      It is resting and raised. It seems to be better and then just limping along makes it worse. I think this is going to take a few days. Thanks for the reminder. I am glad you are inside and warm. Winter can be disheartening if it is not warm inside.

      Delete
  5. I'm sorry you hurt your knee, but hope it is feeling better today.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Sorry about your knee. It is always something, isn't it?

    ReplyDelete

Halloween Decorations

 Saturday night, we started decorating for Halloween. I found the ghosts to hang from the dogwood tree. They were wadded and wrinkled, so th...