Thursday, July 1, 2021

A Decision

 For the 4th celebration we are attending, I am going to make brownies and beans/franks. Tommy asked me why two things--because we are two people and neither dish is large or substantial. So, that is decided. But, I still have two days in which to change my mind...lol.

Wednesday afternoon, I lay down and slept an hour and just lay there another hour. We emptied the box of cans! They are all in the trash. Now, I only have to get the huge box from the dining room. That will be a huge clean swath of floor. The box was 2'x2'x18", huge when filled with cans. So, now it on to another area. 

I mentioned to Tommy last week that we could eat at the table soon when I got it all clean on floor and stuff off the table. He wailed, "No, I like eating in the living room." grrr Well, when I put food on the table, maybe he will change his mind. I have a very pretty, spring-ish and light tablecloth to cover that smoke/amber glass top on his table. It is so ugly and depressing in the dark room.  It sucks up light, laughter, and joy.

We did not see a hummingbird Wednesday. But, we cannot see outside unless we get up and look through the fanlight. Or, we can leave the front door open and only I can see the feeders. When it is hot, the door stays closed. So, maybe the one or two we saw will bring a friend or four to eat at our house. 

Tuesday, I received Logitech headset so I can listen to things on the computer and will not disturb Tommy. They seem not to feel right on my ears, but I am adjusting. Two days later, the headset is fine. It feels loose, but that is okay since it would eventually make my head and ears hurt if it were tight. 

When we went to the park to sit, there were ball games going on. I don't claim to know all the rules of  baseball, but I learned something today. There is something called a "foul pole."  I knew about foul lines. Did you know about foul poles? For years I watched my son playing baseball. And, my son is a baseball coach!

Did you know about foul poles?

Friday, we got corn and slaw mix and ate sausage patties, corn, squash and zucchini. 

It seems our hummingbird comes in a forty minute window--between 6:40 and 7:20. He comes and goes in the same direction which is directly to neighbor's patio. I wonder if they have hummingbird feeders. 

4 comments:

  1. Yes I have known about foul poles since TheHub and I were dating. He was on the college baseball team so it was baptism into the world of ball by fire.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Anne,
      I don't know where I have been since I thought I was very familiar with baseball! He then went on to tell me about the foul lines, something I knew. I suppose you learned quickly with a teacher of your own that you wanted to impress.

      Delete
  2. Miss Manners (I remember) says if two people live under the same roof it is OK for the two of them to bring only one dish. If the two are not in an overt relationship but are roommates, then it is OK for each to bring their own.
    Unless you are a gay couple, then two dishes are usually the norm as both want to show off their killer pasta salad hohoho

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Urspo,
      That is the way we always do it. But, I have never been to this place before. It seems that just bringing one or the other of these dishes might not be up to our social duty. If this were regular 4th events I have attended, I would know what to do. I just don't want to show up with skimpy offering.

      Delete

Halloween Decorations

 Saturday night, we started decorating for Halloween. I found the ghosts to hang from the dogwood tree. They were wadded and wrinkled, so th...