Wednesday, July 14, 2021

Booklight, PBS, hummingbirds

 About 7:30 pm on Tuesday night, I brought in both hummingbird feeders to wash them and refill. I put dinner on and came to sit in the living room. Then, I saw two hummingbirds flitting around the positions where both feeders had been located! Then, they came back, flying round and round, searching. I failed them!

Wednesday night, I opened the door to see if hummingbirds came, and one did. At 7:20, same as before, a hummingbird showed up and took several sips and flew away. I had put them out just before 7 pm as there was a PBS special coming on at 7 pm.

USPS brought a package with Tommy's pen needles from Amazon and a book light for me. So far, the book light seems to be okay but could be better. I tried reading in bed. Since I must lie on my left side to read and my back is to the only bulb in the room, it helped me to see. But, it seemed it was always in the way. I read very fast, so I kept having to turn the page and keep my place while not tearing the pages and keeping my glasses on correctly while I thrashed around on the pillow. I think this might work better sitting up. 



I have a pink one, but copied this instead. One good and surprising thing to me was this light charges via USB plug. I like that. 

Tommy's pen needles are a bit cheaper on Amazon. However, we bought them from Amazon because of continuing covid risk. Plus, he does not have to walk all the way through Sam's club to get more pen needles at a cheap price. 

Tuesday night at 7 pm, we watched a PBS program about hummingbirds. They were so colorful. He said they repeat these programs, so maybe you can catch it sometime.

Do you have a booklight? 

14 comments:

  1. I do not have a book light even though I do read in bed. I have gone to the dark side and read almost exclusively digital books.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Anne,
      I never thought about digital books not needing light! But, I will not go to the dark side. Thanks.

      Delete
  2. Do you have a headboard? I bought a lamp that hooks over my headboard at Vermont Country Store online- it works great and I read for at least a couple of hours daily in my bed. I'm a paper gal even though I have been gifted 2 Kindles- I gave them away. I love to read in bed.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Nan,
      No headboard, but if I did, I would want a light to put on the headboard! I love to read anywhere. Someone gave me a used kindle, but it was lost in the house.

      Delete
  3. I do have a book light. Yes, they do work better sitting up. I read quickly, too and have found that if you clip it several pages back you have to move it less often. Maybe find the first page of the next chapter and clip it there, so you'll only have to move it every time you get to / past a new chapter in the book.

    Although I do like "Anne in the kitchen" and read a few things on my Kindle. You can borrow books on there and they're often much cheaper to purchase. I do prefer to have a real book with the real book smell, but I like the ease of a Kindle.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Alice,
      I will try that next time. It sounds like it will work.

      I know millions of people like those.

      Delete
  4. in the old house I had a wall scone with movable arm.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Yes I have a book light.
    I have learned I don't have to use it/be so thoughtful as Someone sleeps through everything

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Urspo,
      I envy his ability to sleep through everything!

      Delete
  6. My daughter got some reading glasses this week that let her see while she is laying down but the book is in her lap. A book light sounds good. I hope it helps.

    How neat that you are feeding the hummingbirds.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Belinda,
      I think I need a stronger lens in reading glasses than in my near vision in the progressive. It is helping.

      We love hummingbirds!

      Delete
  7. HUbs and I have several of these for his small quartet group. they help them read music in darker venues.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Kim,
      Come to think of it, I have seen on TV groups using the booklights.

      Delete

Halloween Decorations

 Saturday night, we started decorating for Halloween. I found the ghosts to hang from the dogwood tree. They were wadded and wrinkled, so th...