Monday, July 26, 2021

Monday Night, Dinner and Reading

 I was miserable Sunday night with acid reflux and did not sleep until after 7 am. Then, I awoke at 11 am. I did not nap, but did lie down twice because of my back. 

For dinner tonight, we are having our third dinner from the chicken breasts and also had three lunches. That is pretty good for $6 worth of chicken at $.99/lb. 

On Tuesday I will cook the bscb that was $1.99/lb. I should have bought five packages for the freezer. I like that this store has a freezer with frozen packages and thawed ones in the refrigerator section. 

Tonight, I chopped the rest of the chicken and put it in a casserole. On top of that I had a thick layer of broccoli, then chopped tomatoes. I put a layer of cheese on the casserole and baked it--delicious. 

For him, I cooked the remains of a bell pepper, shriveled zucchini, and a whole Vidalia onion in water to soften and olive oil and one shake of garlic powder.  It smelled delicious and he liked it. This was an easy dinner. I know all the vegetables will soften in olive oil, but I add a touch of water.  

Tonight or tomorrow, I will scramble another 9 eggs to last three or four days, probably four days. Do you eat eggs? Lots? My father refused to believe that eggs were harmful and raised cholesterol levels. He never cut back on his egg consumption.  He was right! 

As we came in the house from a ride, I picked basil, the whole top of the plant. I put it down and eventually Tommy came in. He said, "I smell something strange in here." I sniffed the air and could not detect anything strange. LOL Finally, when I told him it was basil, he just grunted. He hates basil and I love it. 

Today, I made an appointment to get with a friend who is going to help me with my passwords and the new Android. I will put apps on and figure out what I don't know. Actually, I am smart enough to do this, but exhaustion sets in and I bumble around. Maybe I can figure out how to mail pictures. I could mail pictures on the one that was stolen from me. If you have an app for saving money you can recommend, feel free to leave it for me. If I can get something from your blog, leave a link. Maybe some of this can help your bottom dollar if I sign up through your link! 

When I read at night, I seem to sleep better. The book light is working. I figured out that putting many pages in the clip helps. And, placing it nearer to the spine of the book. I am still reading The Bird Way. Reading four pages a night will not get it read soon! Even when I am sleepy, I can work through it to read, like I have all my life. However, I have decided I cannot read for hours late at night. 


8 comments:

  1. I'm on Ibotta(referral code mkaaxa), Fetcha(referral code GC73D).ShopKick(referral code FUN260238), and a new one called Aisle which isn't an app but a rebate program through texting(you need a Venmo account to get your cash with this one). Good luck setting your phone up!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. slugmama,
      Thanks for the referral codes. I will hand this information to Rachael...lol.

      Delete
  2. I was just recently reading an article that now they say eating eggs is fine. Geez, all those years we cut back on them. well, I have plenty to eat now, LOL.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. One,
      My family never cut back since Daddy did not believe and Mama did not. We were too young to have cholesterol problems, so the kids ate them as usual, too. Yes, you can eat all you want. Wish I had hens again.

      Delete
  3. I think Sluggy is the queen of that type of apps. LOL

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Chef,
      She has it covered. But, anything that will help me is welcome. After Thursday, I will know how to put apps on my phone. This phone is not anything like my only other Android.

      Delete
  4. Reading at night should be limited to the time of 20 to 30 minutes as part of sleep onset, not sleep delay.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Urspo,
      The way I have always read is before I am ready to go to sleep and when I get sleepy and beyond as I don't want to quit reading. Now, I just read a bit.

      Delete

Halloween Decorations

 Saturday night, we started decorating for Halloween. I found the ghosts to hang from the dogwood tree. They were wadded and wrinkled, so th...