Saturday, July 10, 2021

The Reason I Have Felt So Awful/ Blueberries and Strawberries

 Each day, I felt worse, lethargic. But, I thought about it. I was sleeping about 10 hours a day in three or four sessions, but I never felt one bit better. 

As I thought about my predicament, I decided a new med was the problem. Sure enough, when I quit, I started feeling better. I hate that!

I have done practically nothing for three days--no dishwashing, no clothes folding, nothing productive. Except for one meal, I had cooked or prepared dinner. I suppose that is something. 

Tonight, for dinner we each had another pork chop that I cooked yesterday along with green beans and tomato. Those cheap pork chops, $1.99/lb, in family pack were very irregular and thin. I like thin pork chops. But, they were delicious. I only put a bit of salt and pepper on them and put them in a browning bag. I have three more left and will do something else with them. 

I had five pounds of commercially frozen blueberries thawing in the refrigerator. So, I made a cobbler. The recipe was for an 8x8" pan, but since I was using a 9"x13" pan, I doubled the recipe, only I didn't. I doubled the blueberries and butter for bottom of the pan. I did not double the cobbler part. So, it was very juicy and lacked much cobbler topping to go with the berries. 

There are negligible carbs in tomatoes and green beans, so dinner was practically carb free. We could eat a few carbs without having them from dinner.

I still have a gallon of home-picked and frozen blueberries waiting to use. I won't use them immediately. They were going to be used for the cobbler until I got the 5 lbs., half-thawed. I think maybe muffins for the freezer, another smaller cobbler, and a blueberry pie. Tommy said he will eat the remainder of what I cooked today, plain. Works for me. My friend will give me more soon. 

There are still strawberries I froze last summer, so we need to use those. We never eat jellied or jammed topping on anything since I never make biscuits or pancakes. So, maybe just thawed will be great. He loved the strawberry poke cake that he was sure he would not like, so maybe that, but probably not. I love a bowl of almost-thawed strawberries if I don't have fresh. 


6 comments:

  1. SO nice that someone will give you berries!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. She has three bushes that produce from June to September. I am amazed she gets so many. I do appreciate them.

      Delete
  2. I had that with Metformin. Just tired all the time. but I have to take it

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. lonibelle,
      I have never heard your name. It is pretty. I took metformin and had the worst diarrhea I have ever heard of. Then, I found out it was the metformin. I have fibromyalgia and chronic fatigue syndrome, but the med I quit this week made my whole body feel like it was stiffening up in addition to more tiredness.

      Delete
  3. Nice to have the gree berries. My just over 7 pounds coste $37, and I supplied the labor. Pick your owm is expensive, but fruit is phenomenal.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. SAM,
      My friend offered to allow me to pick from her three bushes. However, I cannot even pick berries for free! She is going to pick them, but we might take our walkers and try. I love fresh blueberries.

      Delete

Halloween Decorations

 Saturday night, we started decorating for Halloween. I found the ghosts to hang from the dogwood tree. They were wadded and wrinkled, so th...