Thursday, August 12, 2021

Diversity

 


At Sportsman's Lake Park in Cullman, we saw these two together, apart from their respective flocks. Not only did we see them together, we saw them multiple times. They wander far from their own kind. We were impressed that they found friendship. 

About my friend from yesterday, we only know each other from meeting at a church yardsale. Of course, when I heard about her thrift/junk/antique store, I was interested. We really do care about what happens to each other, but she is interested in selling stuff. We will continue to be the same kind of "friend" to each other--not close at all and only bound by her business. But, I tried to help someone and it hit me in the face. 

At the beginning of the year, I found Kraft Parmesan Cheese in the can with the green top. I got another coupon as they were available and ended up with 3 or 4 coupons for $0.50 off. I did use them before they expired in May or June. Well, now there are more coupons and I have 5 more of the same coupons that expire December 31, 2021. Now, if I can find a good sale this Fall. 

Today, Thursday, Tommy helped me as I unloaded the dishwasher. I give him a stack of bowls or whatever and tell him where to put them as I hang onto the counter and bend. Later, we will load it. In the meantime, he did something else.

Then, I put two packages of ground beef in a tall, wide pot with a half cup of water and he chopped it with the multiple blade chopper. I used 1.05 pounds of 90/10 and 1.25 pounds of 75/25. When it was done, it was chopped more finely than I have even seen ground beef chopped. Then, I put it in a collander and poured over it water boiled in the microwave to remove the grease. I froze two pint bags with 2 cups of meat in each. A little over a cup is in the refrigerator for dinner.

It feels good to know that two more meals of protein/meat are already prepared for whatever I cook for two meals. Plus, those dishes will probably make another two meals for for meals of meat. 

Tommy is going to peel two pounds of carrots, so I must go in and wash them and bring it all to him. I am not working him to death, but he just carried clothes out to the washer. It is a semi-busy day for both of us. 

Usually, the hummers have a battle with everyone involved. Today, I watched one of the smaller hummingbirds approach the feeder and a larger one chase him away. This went on for about ten minutes. If I had filmed it, no one would guess it was a different chase each time. 

My nose hurts and is swollen and red. I suppose when a tip is sliced off, no matter how small, the nose will hurt and swell. 

About the picture, no one helped me to figure out how to post it. I think I finally got enough sleep several days in a row so I could think logically. I have never posted  a picture this way, so I hope I can do it again.


6 comments:

  1. Congratulations on posting the first photograph ever in your blog! Today a photograph, tomorrow the world!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love the picture of the geese. It's fun to watch the bid. There is a duck pond in Chattanooga we like to go to from time to time and watch them. Sounds like you've been busy.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Belinda,
      There are hundreds of geese and ducks on this lake within the city. We take our lunch and eat there. Busy for me, but not for other people. I go in spurts.

      Delete
  3. Once we were camping at a lake in Northern California. John was sitting down near the lake while I fixed drinks for us. As I walked down from the camper John loudly blew his nose and a whole flock of Ducks came running towards him. A LOT of Ducks! We laughed and laughed.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Janet,
      What a funny duck story! I laughed, read it to Tommy and he thought it was very funny. That is quite a nose blowing he had. I wonder if the ducks kept looking for the sound.

      Delete

Halloween Decorations

 Saturday night, we started decorating for Halloween. I found the ghosts to hang from the dogwood tree. They were wadded and wrinkled, so th...