Wednesday, August 11, 2021

Going Ballistic Today

 For the past week or more, when I make a phone call on my flip phone, I am redirected to ATT about my account. Since I knew it was paid, I assumed there was a glitch in the system and it would be straightened out soon. You would think. Right?

Noooo! Today, I had twenty minutes to finish getting ready--bathe, dress, and fix hair. But, when I tried to make a phone call, I got a message, the same one--that I needed to talk to someone with the company. Then, a man came on with a different message, saying my phone calls would "continue to be redirected" to an agent. Okay, they admit they are messing with me.

I was connected to someone, Japanese, maybe, with a tiny, soft voice and a limited understanding of English and read me a dialogue. I was told I had five weeks to do something. I kept begging her to speak up (she did for about five words) and to slow down (again for about five words). 

When I asked her to let me speak to someone in the US, she said she was not allowed to transfer anyone to the US. Liar. 

The gist of her message was that they wanted to "help" me get my service back by selling me a new phone. Even though I told her I had a new phone but had not started using it, she started over with her dialogue she had to read. 

Finally, I started yelling at her that she needed to restore my service that I was paying for and was not behind on the payments. (I have auto pay.) I screamed this to her about ten times, getting louder each time. Then she said to hold on and she would restore my service. She came back on the line and said the service was restored and STILL wanted to read to me about getting a new phone by five weeks from now. (I think that is what she was saying.)

When I called Tommy's phone, it worked. And, I was able to make calls for the first time in a week. Whew! 

I know for a fact I have until the first of next year to get this done. Besides, this flip phone is toast. So, I will get it done. Now, I will call for a credit for totally unwarranted interruption of service. I wonder if they target old people. 

Have you had your service interrupted to get you to catch up to 5G service by buying a phone? 

I was thinking about my friend in a wheelchair and how she cannot get out of bed without assistance and cannot cook. So, I told Tommy I wanted to get her a burger when we got one and drive an extra ten miles to deliver it. 

When I called, she said she would love something from Burger King. Then, she called and asked if I could bring something to her friend who was still there and she would pay me. I took the burger, fries, and Sprite to them and she did not pay me! I told her the price of the extra burger twice. Of course, BK did not give me a receipt and Tommy forgot to ask like I told him. 

It was only $2.75 for the other person's food, but I feel used. I will never offer her food again. Well, if I do, I certainly won't be furnishing food for someone else! 

Her "friend" is someone she pays to help her. 

I took things to give her to sell and she gave me credit at her store. I spent $2 there, so my credit is $2 less now. Her friend came running to the car and said my friend told her to tell me just to take that off my credit. HUH? I told her I owed my friend nothing, that she owed me. I rolled up the window and told Tommy to go. My friend yelled that she would have to go to the bank. I don't believe she did not have $2 on her or in her shop! Really, my friend has plenty of money, just is tight. 

I left very disheartened to have tried to do a good thing and then get stiffed.  I am not ballistic over this, just sad.

Comments are way down below.




































18 comments:

  1. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I will get credit for the lost phone use. But, it is going to take a bit to get over my friend stiffing me and making me pay for food she ordered.

      Delete
    2. This comment has been removed by the author.

      Delete
    3. Lon,
      I agree with you. Sometimes, you just have to let people go. Did he ever call you back?

      Delete
  2. oh oh
    never a good thing to see 'ballistic' in the title
    I hope you are better now.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Urspo,
      I am over the AT&T ordeal. But, it will take me a minute to get over the way my friend acted to me.

      Delete
  3. oh geez, that is frustrating and strange. What cell phone company is this? (so I never use them, haha!)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. One,
      I am going to make a phone call about them, today--AT&T.

      Delete
  4. I’m glad you are over the AT&T thing now, but that is so frustrating! And your friend needs to pay you the money she owes you. That was rude of her to do you that way.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Belinda,
      I still need to contact them about their removing my safety net. She will pay, guarantee you. I am still hurt.

      Delete
  5. I too have someone I considered a friend for many years. But the last few years she has become so wrapped up in her other friends and her large family that she has no time for me. Family I can understand but she will text me about once every two weeks. I used to text and call her but now I have just given up. She says, "how are you doing?" If I respond she usually doesn't respond back or a quick "we should get together". Well, no thanks. I know your life is busy but most times in the past she would make plans with me and then forget to show up or have an excuse. I began to feel like I wasn't a very important friend to her. The last one was a few weeks ago I was getting together with a mutual friend of ours and said come on by for coffee. She said she would try but had an appt. at 8 am to get her oil changed. We were meeting at 10am. She texted a few minutes before and said she had to go home because the smoke in the air was giving her a headache. We have had smoke from CA fires for the last month. Fine. I understand headaches but I wondered if it was just an excuse to get out of going and not real. Sad to wonder that but at times she has blown me off or not had time for me and then the same day she is out doing stuff with her other friends and posting on FB. I feel like she waits for a better offer. Oh well. Some friendships aren't meant to last forever.
    Take care.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Crystal,
      I have had a few people who always waited "to get a better offer." When I started entertaining every month, they were never invited.

      Delete
  6. Replies
    1. Chef,
      I did have to get my daughter out of a jam with them one time.

      Delete
  7. Phone companies always bring my blood pressure to boil.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Kim,
      This is not the first time I have yelled at AT&T. I am quite sure it won't be the last time.

      Delete
  8. My in laws also have an older ATT flip phone. You MUST activate the new phone they sent you, as they are ending service to you old phone ( in 5 weeks from the sounds of things). I think she was saying they will GIVE you a new flip phone, ( they did my in laws anyway). You will keep your old number and everything will work fine. I understand you have a new phone so you should get that one going instead of getting one from them. They might be playing with you but as you said your flip phone is toast and I believe they they are just not going to support older phones anymore. I hope this helps.
    I personally have a 'fancy' smartphone from Walmart it cost me less than $100. hubby got a cheaper one. We then went with Total Wireless ( with Verizon as our carrier, as it works best for us, but they have all of them) And for 2 smartphones with unlimited calls and text and 60 gigs of data between us. We pay $62 total monthly. Good luck. Phone companies are awful. We have had this service for 4 years now and we use auto pay too. We really like them.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Irene,
      Actually, I am the one who said my flip phone is toast. AND, February 20 or 22, 2022 is the date 5G goes into affect and the old one won't work. I know they will not support my 3G phone. Thanks. My new Android cost me $50. My new flip phone cost me $45. Tommy does not need a new phone. Or at least he said he does not. Not sure.Thanks.

      Delete

Halloween Decorations

 Saturday night, we started decorating for Halloween. I found the ghosts to hang from the dogwood tree. They were wadded and wrinkled, so th...