Friday, August 13, 2021

It's Gone


 


The coupon from KFC above no longer comes half way to my birthday. They have eliminated all the perks from their stores. Too bad. I miss the free birthday dinner and 1/2 birthday dinners. I took this picture in my lap. So, you can see the colorful outfit up close. Did you participate in their free food when you spent $75 at their restaurant? 


Cracks of thunder interrupted my nap today. It rained lots. While it had been beautiful all day, we were treated to summer thunder storms. 

We were watching tv this morning when, all of  sudden, there was no picture.  Tommy is always accidentally touching the remote and screwing up the TV, so I waited. When the picture did not come on, I asked what was going on. We decided the set was broken. 

I had to go behind the kitchen table and unearth the older set. The broken 50" set was given to him by someone in a business for a transaction reward that he did not expect. The 32" was mine, I think. He says No. When I moved here, he finally got rid of four TVs. He replaces a TV and puts it in another room. I encouraged him to get rid of them. So, he did. 

This morning, I struggled to move the TV until he could get it. We/he half drug the little TV. He moved the big TV to the back of the table and now we have a TV in front of a TV. Cool look. NOT. He thinks the picture can be fixed, so it will sit here forever. I doubt it can be repaired. 

We are presently watching Cesar Milan, formerly of The Dog Whisperer. I just love him. And, he is cute. Maybe you don't think so. But, I really like the concept that dogs are not the ultimate problem; people are. Have you ever watched his old show or the new one? How do you feel about him?

We gave the mother of two the food we did not want from the church today. I added three bottles of bubbles I got for the dogs next door and gave it to her for her son, daughter, and dog. I know dogs like to chase bubbles. But, today, the dog was trying to keep us away even though were were on the other side of the gate. Did you ever have a dog who like to chase bubbles?


8 comments:

  1. No dogs, but my granddaughters do!! :)
    We're getting rain storms from tropical storm Fred today and this weekend. Glad to be staying home and not be in the middle of it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Alice,
    I love bubbles, too. We intend to stay in this weekend. There is just rain forecast, but I have no need to be driving in rain.

    ReplyDelete
  3. For a couple of years before the pandemic, we would go to KFC about once a week for one of their “5 for $5” specials. We usually both got the chicken pot pie (yum!) with a chocolate chip cookie and a Dr. Pepper. (Side note: I went to college out in Texas with the granddaughter of the man who invented Dr. Pepper and everybody teased her that the formula was just cherry syrup, carbonated water, and prune juice.). Back to KFC, I remember being shocked to find out several years back that although their extra crispy looked bigger than the regular style and also cost more, the chicken pieces were actually smaller (so less costly to the company) but had thicker batter than the regular style. We have not been back to the KFC; can’t really pinpoint why except that maybe our tastes have just changed.

    I don’t think I have ever seen the Dog Whisperer but we do like Pit Bulls and Parolees on Animal Planet.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love bubbles! I have a bubble gun that I bought for the grandkids but we found out that Shirley, our Corgi, loves them even more.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Jan,
      I thought maybe I was the only one who had seen dogs who love bubbles. Such fun.

      Delete
  5. I have never heard of the half-birthday matter.
    Good for them to do so.

    ReplyDelete

Halloween Decorations

 Saturday night, we started decorating for Halloween. I found the ghosts to hang from the dogwood tree. They were wadded and wrinkled, so th...