Tuesday, August 17, 2021

Problem with Fetch

 Monday

Actually, the problem is probably me. Everything was going smoothly. Then, I took the picture of the receipt about 12 times. It seems the picture is too blurry. Since I don't know how to make pictures less blurry, I am stuck! 

Between Haiti, Kabul, and fires this was an unsettling day for news. Puppy and kitten pictures helped. I know that is not an answer for problems, but it sure helps me. Watching hummingbirds and Gunsmoke works, too.

For dinner Monday, I thawed cauliflower, thawed chopped chicken and heated up leftover Brussels sprouts. So, dinner was barbeque chicken, cauliflower and Brussels sprouts. There is enough of all this for dinner another night and meat for Tommy's lunches. He really liked the cauliflower. 

Even though the rain was abundant in the state, we got none. It was hot and humid. AC is a wonderful thing. 

Once again, I slept well. I know most people do and this is not newsworthy, but for me it is like a miracle. When you have not slept more than three hours each night most nights for months, this is wonderful news for me. 

I have a hummingbird project underway and ordered something from Amazon. Well, two days later, there was no notification from Amazon and nothing from person shipping to me. Instead of complaining, I just ordered again. I knew it was ordered. So, today, I received both orders at once. Have you ever ordered anything from Amazon or elsewhere and got no confirmation on the order, only to have the order show up at your door? 

Tuesday

I think I took the Cymbalta too late last night because I still have a hangover. It is almost 5 pm and it seems like I have done nothing. We did get the dishes out of the dishwasher and loaded it, washed all the seals for glass storage dishes. 

Dinner will be thawed chicken breast, cauliflower, and brussels sprouts. Tommy said he did not mind eating the vegetables again. Whew! 

Well, enough of this rambling.

Fred is kicking up tornadoes and violent weather to the east of us. I am so happy it is not here. Is Fred causing bad weather where you are? 

6 comments:

  1. Fred sent a lot of rain our way today. No need to water anything. Did you do anything special with the cauliflower? Your dinner sounds good. We had Italian sausage and Mac and cheese tonight. I’m glad you are sleeping better, that does make you feel better for sure.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Belinda,
      I wondered about you. Nothing special for the cauliflower, just microwaved it. Tommy salted it, but I ate mine plain. I wish I had some macaroni and cheese right now. Sleep is what I need to feel human and be able to think.

      Delete
  2. I am glad the rain is not beating us down. We have had so much lately that we just did not need another onslaught.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Anne,
      Yes, I was hoping for a dryer August. I have had quite enough rain.

      Delete
  3. We have had plenty of rain this summer and so much of it was in the form of extremely big, hard hitting drops, often driven by rough gusts of wind. My flowers just about get their heads back up and looking right and Wham! another thunderstorm comes through. My rose bushes look pretty poorly and one of my crepe myrtle bushes had many of the flowers stripped off by a thunderstorm with pelting rain and hail. The other crepe myrtle just about 15 feet away is in shade a little longer through the day and the flowers weren't in full bloom yet, so it still has a lot of flowers but is a smaller plant because it never got as much sun. A few years ago we had an abnormally long spell of zero temps in winter and both of the crepe myrtles froze all of the way back to the ground and had to start all over again from the ground up. Our winters and summers are so extreme sometimes here in St. Louis, plants have to be really hardy to survive.

    I enjoy watching the hummingbirds and finches one or the other of which are in my flower bed anytime I look out the window all day long. In the early morning there is a great Big Mama rabbit and a nosy smaller one, too. They are so sweet.

    I enjoy watching movies from the 1930's and 1940's on the Turner Classic Movie Channel. They are a great escape from all of the current stress in the world.

    You and Tommy sure have some good summertime meals. You got me hungry for cauliflower with today's post. I will be putting it on my grocery list for today. I like to sprinkle it with Parmesan Cheese. My husband will not eat one bite of cauliflower, occasionally he will accidentally eat a piece of broccoli in a casserole, but he picks out any bigger pieces of it and puts it aside.




    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. susie,
      My crepe myrtles at my house always lost flowers in heavy rain. The ground was pretty for a while, though. We love crepe myrtles in the South and rarely have a problem with them.

      Next year, I will have flowers for the hummingbirds. We occassionally see rabbits, but not enough for me. It sounds like you have a nice inhabited yard.

      I think we all need an escape! Tommy picks out mushrooms, which is fine with me since I eat his little stack of reject mushrooms.

      Delete

Halloween Decorations

 Saturday night, we started decorating for Halloween. I found the ghosts to hang from the dogwood tree. They were wadded and wrinkled, so th...