Wednesday, August 18, 2021

This and That, Not Much

 This was another quiet day. Nothing much going on here. Today, I was feeling hung over from the Cymbalta. The day was beautiful with blue skies and fluffy white clouds. Finally, at 4 pm or so, I went to Publix. 

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Jimmy Dean Sausage Patties $4.49

*grape tomatoes $2

*Betty Crocker Brownie Mix $1.58

*Italian Salad bag $3

Red Delicious apples $2.12

Bananas $1.10

*Green Grapes $0.90

Yesterday, Tommy asked, "When are you going to cook more of those sausages? We have three more packages." LOL So, I will.  I like grape tomatoes and Tommy will get those for a salad, but he will not slice a tomato. This brownie mix is to make and freeze brownies. Yes, I will freeze them. Promise. But, just so you know, I can eat frozen brownies.

Bag of salad because we have no more salad mix. I love red delicious apples. Thankfully, I only wanted two because they were so expensive. Since I am not supposed to eat much fiber, I cut one in half and eat it on two days. Bananas are $0.69/lb. everywhere, even cheaper stores! No bargains at all on bananas. Since I only wanted a few grapes, I just bought a handful. Tommy has grapes, too. 

I had zucchini and squash on the list, but those will be cheaper at The Pig. Plus, generally they have really good produce. 

Oh, I did pay bills today before there was interest charged. In 2021 I have only paid interest once. And, it still hurts my heart because I gave away money. 

The woman with two young children across the street are moving tomorrow. I will miss seeing them and hearing them. 

Dinner Wednesday night: Chicken Italian Sausages, slaw, peas. Of course, I had no peas. And, no sausage, just meatballs.

Generally, produce prices have risen, so buying bogo or on sale is the only way to go. I need to freeze zucchini and squash for winter, just a couple of meals. 

How are produce pricess where you live?

16 comments:

  1. The prices here for verythingvare astronomical. I consider bananas at 69 cents a pound to be a bargain and this has been the price of non-organic bananas here for years. If you prefer organic they costs .79 c or .89 c a pound I still think it's a bargain compared to everything else. Even my doctor mentioned how expensive everything has become.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Joyful,
      I usually can find bananas cheaper, like 49 or 59 cents a pound. So, I am just horrified! I never buy organic anything. So, the doctor noticed. I suppose even people who can afford things are horrified.

      Delete
    2. Yes and many of her patients would mention it to her due to the need to eat healthy and the cost of fresh produce and good meat/fish/fowl.

      Delete
    3. That is good patients mention their problems and the doctors see what patients are up against.

      Delete
  2. My husband has been in hospital since Friday evening. I will say that I have slept well since then and I consider that a blessing. I don't think I realized just how exhausted I had become carrying for him 24/7. A good night's sleep can make all the difference in the world in how one is feeling.

    Unfortunately he is not doing well. They have discovered 2 masses and are still running tests. Hopefully he will be home in a day or two.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Janet,
      I am so sorry he is in the hospital. Caretakers can become exhausted. Sleep means everything to me right now. I hope you get more good sleep.

      That is too bad about the masses. I will be waiting to hear more.

      Delete
    2. Thanks, I’ll let you know what they discover.

      Delete
    3. Thanks,
      I will be waiting for the news.

      Delete
  3. To Janet, I'm sorry your husband is hospitalized and unwell. Please take care of yourself. Bananas at our local stores have been 69 cents for ages. I'm looking forward to fall honey crisp apples

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. SAM,
      Bananas are the thing I buy the most. I suppose I need to become accustomed to this price. Honey crisp are Tommy's favorite apple.

      Delete
  4. I just saw bananas at 89 cents a pound...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Chef,
      Yikes, that is expensive. Hopefully, that price will hold off coming here. Thanks.

      Delete
  5. Everything has gone up and most likely will continue to. Now the sale price for ground chuck at ThePig is what formerly was their everyday non-sale price.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Anne,
      It's scary! I had not realized that about the ground chuck. The same is true for bscb at another store.

      Delete
  6. I was craving an apple lately, so I bought one and enjoyed it immensely. We’ve frozen Little Debbie’s before and eat them frozen. They are quite good that way.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Belinda,
      For twenty years or more, I ate an apple every day. I had to quit, but now I have taken up the habit again. I love apples.

      Delete

Halloween Decorations

 Saturday night, we started decorating for Halloween. I found the ghosts to hang from the dogwood tree. They were wadded and wrinkled, so th...