Sunday, August 15, 2021

Quiet Sunday

 This was such a quiet day or us. While I had nothing to go out and do, I also had no desire. We stayed in and watched TV.  The gully washer came suddenly even though we were warned by the clouds. One hummer actually came out in the heaviest and visited the feeder. 

Today was also the day that his church was opening up fully since the pandemic was better. Well, we heard nothing of that. I highly objected. He listens to the news, too. Last night, he said he was not going. Whew!

Last night, after finally going to sleep, I did get eight hours of sleep. This makes 3 of of 4 nights I slept well and long. So, the Cymbalta is helping in one way. And, when I can get a good night of sleep, I don't have so much muscular pain. I imagine that is true for everyone. I have no idea since I have had pain for so long. 

Saturday night, we used the last of the ground beef that Tommy chopped up in the pan. Spanish Rice took care of that meat. I had less than two helpings, but that was okay. I used brown rice like I usually do. There are 15 pounds here. I did use less rice, only 1/2 cup before cooking. Diced tomatoes and tomato paste, chopped onions, chopped bell pepper, salt and pepper was all I put in it. Even using less rice, we still have another meal for tonight. 

Tommy loves Spanish Rice. We had green beans with it last night. Sunday night, I think I will cook the fresh Brussels Sprouts. So, 2.20 lbs, of very cheaply acquired ground beef , I think, was used for four meals. I am not going to look back for exact weight. 

Before the night is over, I need to get all the seeds out of the muscadine "jam" I made. Half the jar will be frozen. I cannot eat this too often, so I don't want it to sit and spoil  This made 10 ounces in a pint jar. So, you can see how few I bought for $4. I only ate three and Tommy wanted none. 

Later, folded kitchen towels and bath towels will be put away along with hanging clothing. And, one huge sheet is intimidating me since stretching my arms far enough to straighten and fold is difficult. Of course, there are dishes in the sink to wash--as always. 

Well, it is time for America's Funniest Videos and it demands complete attention in order not to miss a moment. Do you ever watch AFV?

10 comments:

  1. Time to get Tommy trained in “How to Fold Sheets With Two People”….

    I thought the difference in jelly and jam was that jelly doesn’t have seeds and Jan does, at least for strawberries and blackberries. But if muscadine are more like grapes, I can see that you wouldn’t want it to have seeds.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. rhymes,
      Jelly is juice. Jam has fruit in it. Nothing is supposed to have seeds in it too large to be eaten.

      Delete
  2. P.S. - Don’t care for AFV as a lot of it seems to be at the expense of others.

    ReplyDelete
  3. The church we watched yesterday has a large amount of college students attend and they have a big auditorium. Yesterday’s second service had so many attend that many were sitting on the floor as all the chairs were full. I’m glad so many want to go church and I also hope everyone there is negative and vaccinated.
    We won’t be attending any gathering until the coast is clear.
    Your Spanish rice sounds good. I’m making stuffed bell peppers tonight, they are kind of like Spanish rice, maybe?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Rhonda,
      Yes, stuffed bell peppers just would not have chopped bell peppers inside. Tommy loves them. I am amazed people gather anywhere. Being negative and vaccinated is no guarantee of safety.

      Delete
  4. I watch AFH videos too. Sometimes I get scared for people though. Way to go on stretching that meat. That is terrific!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Belinda,
      AFV is frightening! We do eat meat twice a day sometimes, so stretching it what we both try to do, not eating a lot at each meal. We mostly eat meat twice a day when I cook chicken.

      Delete
  5. I think it's nice to have a quiet Sunday.
    Pleased you slept better.

    All the best Jan

    ReplyDelete

Halloween Decorations

 Saturday night, we started decorating for Halloween. I found the ghosts to hang from the dogwood tree. They were wadded and wrinkled, so th...