Sunday, September 12, 2021

Three Dozen Yard Sales

But first...

I KNEW THIS MAN

 https://www.msn.com/en-us/health/medical/family-of-an-alabama-man-who-died-after-being-turned-away-from-  

He suffered a cardiac event and had to go to Mississippi for treatment. 

By the way, I received a shipment from Amazon with Tommy's gift on Friday, yet he still was nasty on Saturday!

Last Saturday, we passed at least three dozen yard sales and Tommy was willing to stop, but I was too tired! Or, the terrain looked too steep or rough for me. Or, nothing looked good from the car...lol. The only real purpose to my stopping at a yard sale would be to get more purses for my pink purse project. I only have two, so that may be all I fill. 

Unlike what I said I was going to do, I didn't sort a box of patterns each night. Tommy gets out of the mood to help me. I feel like working after midnight, but he wants to sleep! Imagine that. I think I am keeping 30 or so of the second box and getting rid of about 40. I don't remember. At any rate, I sorted two boxes, total. 

These are more salable. Or give-able. There are costumes, infant patterns, coats, mother-of-the-bride, sweats, newborn to size 18. If anyone would like any of these, I can list them all in one post and people can claim what they want. I will not sell them, just give them away for postage. How does that sound? Most of these patterns have not been cut, never used or removed from the envelope. Or, if you live in or near Birmingham, you can meet me somewhere and choose all you want from the box. 

I still have more boxes of patterns, so I will work on a list and post the patterns all at once. 

Maybe I will go across the street and buy the $1000 bedroom suite. Yeah, not doing that.

Who is interested in patterns? I guess I mean who is interested in patterns after I post the pattern numbers? 


10 comments:

  1. We gave away a box of patterns Mom had. There were probably 300 in there. I think I kept one or two and my sister did the same.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Anne,
      I keep some for the memories and most are to use later. Otherwise, I would give them all away.

      Delete
  2. You could take a photo of the pattern envelopes you are keeping for memories and let go of the pattern. Someone else might end up with equally good memories.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Connie,
      I thought about taking a picture of just a few and getting rid of those, too.

      Delete
  3. The hospital in our town has set up 2 huge tents in their parking lot to use as needed. It’s very worrisome.
    I used to sew with patterns so much but I just don’t anymore. If I did, I’d take you up on your generous offer

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Rhonda,
      As a person with a heart problem, I am very worried about my health in this pandemic.
      For my own clothes, I won't use a pattern. For doll clothes, I make my own patterns or use commercial patterns.

      Delete
  4. It is so sad what this medical crisis has come to.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Kim,
      Yes, and it will get worse. I said at the beginning of 2021 that I would take my mask off, maybe at the end of 2022.

      Delete
  5. It's terrible that a man had to die because people were too stupid, too arrogant, and too sucky to get vaccinated.
    I'm tired of the arrogance of people who say they've "done research" (on the Internet, where everything you agree with is true) and feel they don't need it. Fine, if that's what you want. But don't you dare haul ass to a hospital and expect those same health care workers that you ridiculed to save your dumb ass. STAY AT HOME and suffer with the consequences of all your Phd-level "research"!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Sue,
      I know! The tech where I got my glasses was not qualified and told me "with my medical experience and study" or something like that, that he disagreed with medical doctors. Well, I need more glasses and will not go back there. Idiot. He was right in my face. Thankfully, I did not catch covid.

      Delete

Halloween Decorations

 Saturday night, we started decorating for Halloween. I found the ghosts to hang from the dogwood tree. They were wadded and wrinkled, so th...