Monday, September 20, 2021

Warehouse District

 


This set of wings is painted on the side of a building in the Warehouse District in Cullman. I thought this outfit would look best. The striped one would not do. And, I figure I would disappear in the black outfit. 


On Sunday night, I finally decided that the nose drops were causing the malaise. I got out the instructions with it and, sure enough, all this is one of the side effects. Sunday night, I did not use the nose drops and about 2 am, I felt perky, Never one to let a good night time pass, I decided to color my hair. In about two minutes I will have to wash the color off. Tommy in waking me at 10 am to get ready for doctor visit at 1 pm. I am typing without glasses, so no telling what I am typing. 

Sunday night, we had spaghetti and meat balls. I only had to cook pasta. Meat balls were cooked and frozen and pasta was from a jar as was the Parmesan cheese. Salad fills out a meal. 

While I was looking for meatballs, a meatloaf and a chicken breast were dislodged from the frozen abyss and careened toward my feet. I had forgotten about the meatloaf and knew the chicken was somewhere. I think I will not eat the meatloaf just yet and save it for a day when I really need a prepared meal. They were both lovely surprises except for the fact they fell too close to my toes. 

I hate having problems taking medicines, but it happens very often with me. I actually feel wonderful at 3 am. Since I have slept about 18 hours/day, I should have my sleep deficit problems solved for a day or two...lol.
Do you have problems with reactions from taking medicines?
Without nose drops I slept a whole two hours Sunday night. 



20 comments:

  1. Such a beautiful photo! The only problems I usually have with medications is antibiotics where I have been allergic to several of them and suffer from severe itching. I have to be careful with those.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Belinda,
      Thank you. I was shocked to be allergic to this nose spray. It is an antihistamine. I itch, too, plus become very lethargic.

      Delete
  2. Those are some of the most colorful Angel wings I've seen. I know there are some in Minneapolis, but haven't ventured to see them or pose.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Sam,
      I have passed them for over a year, and just stopped this summer. It is the only pair I have seen until the parents of the missing girl out west posted a picture of her in front of wings. I imagine your daughters might like to pose in front of angel wings.

      Delete
  3. Love all the beautiful colours in that picture. That would brighten anybody's day wouldn't it. As for medicines, I'm lucky enough not to have to take any but I did have some nasty side effects a few years ago on statins - until my cardiologist told me I didn't need them anyway, thank goodness!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Treaders,
      I thought the colors were scrumptious. I tried three statins and had horrible side effects. The fourth statin is okay. It's great you did not need statins. Who wants to take medicine you don't need.

      Delete
  4. I LOVE this picture! Beautiful you and beautiful wings. Perfect combo.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Lisa,
      Thank you. You are so sweet. I thought it would be perfect to have a picture in front of it.

      Delete
  5. The colors and the details of the wings are very pretty. I am guessing it is spray paint. I think with the brilliant shades it reminds me of a butterfly, even though I know tHey are angel wings. You are right about black clothes disappearing into the wall

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Anne,
      I have been planning this picture and finally remembered to wear what would look nice with the butterfly angel wings. I may take one with black clothes and it would look like I had just a head on the wings...and toes.

      Delete
  6. What a pretty picture of you! Your outfit looks good with the wings, too.

    I am allergic to those nose drops that open other people's noses, swell mine closed. I had to go to the doctor after the first or second time I used them because my nose swelled completely closed. That doctor said don't ever use those again. I thought, don't worry, I won't. He used some kind of cortisone to open my nose up for me. I do continue to use a prescription cortisone type nasal spray that costs a fortune, but works best for me. A few months ago, I had a horrible nose bleed that wouldn't stop. I had never had a nose bleed that actually was streaming out of my nose before. It wouldn't stop.I went to an Urgent Care place and that doctor was all set to put that kind of nose spray that had blocked my nose in the past. It apparently shrinks the blood vessels. I said oh no I was told by a doctor in the past never to use that again, I'm allergic to it, so then the Urgent Care doctor used something else on a swab in my nose to stop the bleeding. I finally had to go to an ear nose and throat doc and get the vessel cauterized with some kind of chemical he put on it. Then I called my heart doctor and asked if I would be safe to lower the dose of blood thinner I take because I have afib sometimes. He okayed lowering the dose, and the bleeding didn't come back anymore. It seems like it's always something. Getting older gets old sometimes, but it's sure better than the alternative.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I cannot take the pills I usually take because of my heart. Then, this. It is very discouraging. I had a nose bleed that was a gusher and would not stop. I ended up in the ER. I am waiting right this minute to talk to my allergy doctor to see what I can take since he prescribed this. Oh, yes, I prefer this to the alternative. Thanks. It is good to know other people have same problems.

      Delete
  7. Great picture! I often have side effects from medications. When I was prescribed Flexeril for my back (after car accident) if I had to take it, it would then cause RLS really bad.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. One,
      Thanks. When I took Flexeril after knee injury, I forgot what the side effects were, but it was not RLS. About half the meds I have ever taken, I have side effects and must stop and never take again!

      Delete
  8. That is a great picture :)

    All the best Jan

    ReplyDelete
  9. You are one beautiful, sassy angel! I think the Lord himself would highly approve!

    ReplyDelete

Halloween Decorations

 Saturday night, we started decorating for Halloween. I found the ghosts to hang from the dogwood tree. They were wadded and wrinkled, so th...