Friday, October 29, 2021

Dollar Tree Find + Bone Wracking

Last week when I went to the Dollar Tree for shelf stable milk which was not there, I found something interesting. There were very small boxes of Suddenly Salad Ranch and Bacon. Of course, they were $1. I had found the regular boxes for $1, so I have plenty. The regular size costs over $2 in regular stores, sometimes $2.98. So, $1 is my price, the most I am willing to spend. 

I wanted to compare the boxes and data on them, so I bought one. 

large box--7.5 ounces small box--3.7 ounces

large--4.5 servings      small--2 servings

Large box--upwards to $2.98/box  small box--$1

While I cannot imagine me buying the small box, I can see how it can be useful. I am not going to compare it to my sale price. So, 1) the small box is cheaper per serving and per box. 2) If a person is trying to not eat so many calories, the smaller box will save calories. 3) By buying a smaller box, a person can have a variety in meals. 

By the way, the large box I buy calls for 1/2 cup mayo. I use  half that and add a touch of milk sometimes if it seems very dry. Oh, don't use Miracle Whip in this Suddenly Salad. It is gross.

I awoke in the middle of the night Thursday night having hard chills. I checked and I had sufficient cover over me, my back was covered, hands, and I felt warm all over as opposed to being chilly anywhere, feet warm. Finally, the chills were so hard I thought bones would break from the force. Then, I did a mental check to see if anything about me seemed sick. My throat was okay, no sinus pain or ear pain. My toe that was sore was okay as well as the foot that hurt from arthritis. I did not feel feverish, no sweating, just bad chills. I tried breathing through the feeling. Then, I went to sleep. I have no idea what happened and it has never happened before. 

This morning, I am fine. It looks like October will be so much better for me, health wise, than past Octobers. Last night was a mystery. It was one of the better night's sleep I have had, only going to the bathroom once...lol. 

I may need a sweater today since the temperature will be in low 50s all day. 

Tommy had the last of the pumpkin muffins made into a cake. He said it was better the first day when it was warm. He said it was sort of "gummy" the second day. He was not complaining but answering my question of whether it was as good the second day. Maybe all the extra milk made it gummy the second day. 

We may have twin two-year-old boys here on Halloween night. I want to get candy they won't choke on. Since they will be invited, I will probably not get a full bag of candy, maybe just a candy bar each. I watched mine like a hawk at that age and broke things up or cut them. But, I am trying to figure out a full-size candy bar for these little children. What would you suggest? We would eat the rest of a bag! So, not going there. Plus, two candy bars will be cheaper than a bag.  We don't need leftover candy!

So, what would you suggest?


10 comments:

  1. I get chills/shaking like that occasionally. It comes on suddenly and uncontrollably. I believe mine are from my Rheumatoid Arthritis since, like you, I have no other accompanying symptoms.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Dawn,
      It was weird! I don't have rheumatoid arthritis that I know. Thanks.

      Delete
  2. If you only expect two trick or treaters, and they are two years old I would get each a box of animal crackers

    ReplyDelete
  3. I was thinking like Anne- animal crackers or sometimes Dollar Tree has cute cartons of Goldfish. I buy those for filler gifts. My husband gets chills for no apparent reason. He's pretty thin so might be part of it. I'm glad you got rest in spite of the chills.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. SAM,
      Thanks. Well, I am not thin by any stretch of the imagination!

      Delete
  4. I like the animal crackers idea. M&ms are good for little and fruit gummy treats are popular with all my grands. They tell me the Welch’s brand tastes the best

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Rhonda,
      I had thought of MMs. Gummies sound good, too. Thanks.

      Delete
  5. Can you find out ahead of time from their guardians what the tots would like?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Urspo,
      They might say See's Chocolate with raspberry. Since no one mentioned allergies, I figure almost anything children like will do.

      Delete

Halloween Decorations

 Saturday night, we started decorating for Halloween. I found the ghosts to hang from the dogwood tree. They were wadded and wrinkled, so th...