Thursday, October 28, 2021

Pizza, Candy Corn, Chair

 There were problems, like no clean dishes to cook with, so we bought Domino's Pizza on Wednesday night. I used cooking time to put away groceries and organize a bit. So, it was a trade-off. Tommy would buy pizza every night if I even thought of it. . .lol He gets double sausage on his half and I get double mushroom. 

Since it was dark, we were going to pay for delivery and tip, making it more expensive. The pizza picked up was $7.99 but delivered was $10.99. However, there was an extra $3.99 charged for delivery. It seems like double charging for delivery to me. She said the total would be $16.99. That is for a 14" pizza with double toppings, a special price, anyway. Then, they did not put the olive oil and garlic on the crusts which makes me upset. They do this over half the time.

I am not interested in any other pizza, so don't try to tempt me. I have tried them all and prefer Domino's. If you invite me to eat something else, I would eat it. But, Domino's is what I prefer! It is what I will pay for a hot pizza. 

HA! I watched Wagon Train and Flint, Robert Horton guy, kisses girls, something Matt Dillon does not do. I really prefer not to have a lot of kissing, just killing...lol. \

I can recommend this package of muffin mix--Martha White Pumpkin Spice Muffin Mix. It called for 3/4 cup of milk. Somehow, I put in one cup of milk. I sighed and went ahead and baked it. I put it in a small casserole about 7"x9". It turned out great with a delicious flavor. With all the milk I used the little cake was dense and moist, a very nice texture. I paid $0.48 at The Pig. It may be more elsewhere. For the next package, I may add canned pumpkin. 

This afternoon, I had to search to find the candy corn, the tiny package I bought. It was time to sample them. I ate a bunch and Tommy ate less, so I tossed him the rest of the bag. At least we did not eat every candy we wanted this season. 

We found out that La z boy charged us for fabric protector. We specifically told the woman we did not want that. So, that has to be rectified. The saleswoman has chairs to sell, I suppose, because we cannot get her attention. Both these chairs are NOT fabric, so I am not sure why protector. Well, unless the conditioner is to condition the plastic or vinyl or whatever it is. Tommy says that the coating on fabric in new cars makes him itch. So, he was adamant. We were charged $69.99 twice. 

We went the short distance to the office in La z boy and I sat in a chair in front of the office. The walker is too uncomfortable. I like the chair as it was high-density foam and wonderful. It was a mission style chair, not my style at all. But, we need a couple of chairs. I need one in my bedroom. It was ~$1300. You read that correctly "about thirteen hundred dollars!"  I might in a wild dream pay that much, but not for a style I would not want. However, I was awake. There are consignment shops. Tommy was shocked as well. 

Oh, they don't carry used furniture away because of Covid. I would worry more about bedbugs, fleas and roaches or other critters. I bought a chair once and found a dead rat under the cushion! My friend's sofa had mice make nests and tunnels in her sofa. No problem with getting rid of these. We will call a thrift store or church yard sale where we go. Or, give them away somewhere, maybe sell the loveseat. It is still in good enough condition, fabric-wise to sell. It is just too worn in the seat for my back and too close to the floor.  I am sitting about 12 inches off the floor when I struggle to rise. 

I will tell you about the bed and mattress tomorrow night, the one on which I sleep. 

Thursday might, we will have the plan for last night, the casserole with Stovetop, chicken and vegetables.  

18 comments:

  1. That must have been annoying to have them try to slip that special coating for $69.99 for each chair on you. I hope you get delivery by the beginning of December and not the end.

    I hope that you will be able to relax and enjoy your new chairs by some miracle before December.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. susie,
      Tommy was more annoyed at having to sit on it and itching. But, he was adamant when she told us there would be a charge for the protection. I said we did not want it and Tommy kept saying it later. I spent all day on two calls--Domino's and La z boy, and never got the chair issue resolved.

      Delete
  2. How annoying to be charged for fabric protection! Especially when you told her NO. I think they tack those extras on the bill hoping the customer won't notice. Good thing you have a sharp eye--$140 bucks for something you don't want is ludicrous. Frankly, I'd demand another bowl for your hassle to correct THEIR mistake! LOL! ;^)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Sue,
      I could use another goody, bowl or not. Not having the protection will probably void a warranty which we have not seen yet.

      Delete
  3. PS Ain't nothing wrong with a Domino's pizza. I love their cheeseburger pizza!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Sue,
      Cheeseburger pizza sounds delicious. We could eat worse things and probably do.

      Delete
  4. Perhaps you could use the company called "Got Junk" or a similar one. They cart away what you no longer need for a fee.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Joyful,
      I won't be paying for a pickup! Someone might want it for their front porch.

      Delete
  5. I really like Domino's Pizza too. It's one of my favorites.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Belinda,
      I like the oil and garlic on the crust and they always forget it!

      Delete
  6. I don't hate Domino's pizza, but I've never heard anyone describe it as their favorite pizza, but eat what you like is my motto.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I like Domnio's pizza. It's been years since I had one but way back when I was able too my favorite was their Cheeseburger Pie..Do they even still make it anymore? My husband prefers me to make him a homemade pizza but to each their own I say :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Robyn,
      It is so hard for me to stand long enough to make pizza, and I do like Domino's. We both agree that the cheeseburger pizza sounds great.

      Delete
  8. I would be tempted to cancel the recliners and shop elsewhere. I can't believe that they had the Gaul to charge you for something you specifically said NO to. That is horrible customer service!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. We are going to two medical supply places to look at others and then cancel. We have 90 days to cancel without being charged. So, we intend to get it all settled next week. They still have not taken off the charges or called Tommy.

      Delete
  9. In my house tossing out candy corn evokes evil spirits. One must eat them all.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Urspo,
      I did not toss out any candy corn. I tossed the bag to Tommy. First, I put a paper clip on top so they would not spill.

      Delete

Halloween Decorations

 Saturday night, we started decorating for Halloween. I found the ghosts to hang from the dogwood tree. They were wadded and wrinkled, so th...